1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Honda tractor.

Discussion in 'General Lawn Garden Tractor Forum' started by tractor beam, Nov 25, 2010.

1. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
  2. dangeroustoys56

dangeroustoys56 Collector Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2010
    It looks like a cross between a snowmobile and a tractor- its cool looking. A couple years back i had the chance to buy a pair of liquid cooled honda tractors- one was for parts, the other sort of ran ( needed a starter motor) - the guy only wanted $200 for both of them- unfortunately my financial advisor ( my wife) wouldnt let me get them.

3. tractor beam

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    HA! I thought I was the only one that experienced that! Well......Wives know best.:rolleyes::D

4. dangeroustoys56

Jul 26, 2010
    The 'unwritten' rule is anything over $100 i have to ask her first - a couple years ago i bot 4 tractors up the street for $350, they all needed alot of work but 2 were GT craftsmans, one was a LT11 craftsman and one was a 12HP MTD- i figured just for the heavy duty GT's the price would be worth it.

I ended up using the MTD for parts ( motor ran), im rebuilding the LT11 ( motor runs also) , the GTII i rebuilt and it runs excellent ( those motors running and the running GT make it worth it) - however the other GT 6000 actually turned into a parts tractor for my GTII ( the GT6000's deck was mint, but the 20HP onan isnt running yet).

Ive seen plain motors on craigslist sell for $200 alone - twin cylenders are posted for way more.

5. tractor beam

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    I've got a couple projects I'm working on that I'll be posting here, and looking for help from you all with!

6. dangeroustoys56

Jul 26, 2010
    Cool- i couldnt make enough threads and keep up with them all with all my projects- LOL!

I usually have 5-6 going at once and some gaps between them.

7. tractor beam

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    You should try though.:cool: You've got a great deal of knowledge in info up there in your control center that could help out dumbies like me!:D