Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum, but looking for help..
I have a friend that has a Hinomoto best e15 tractor, old. We have a wiring fault,
It’s not starting, has any one access to the wiring diagram for a Best E15 ?
Battery and starter motor are ok ..

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Howdy Andy, welcome to the tractor forum.

When you say that "it won't start", do you mean that the starter will not engage/crank the engine, or do you mean that the starter cranks the engine but it will not start??

A tractor of that vintage should have a transmission neutral safety switch, to prevent starting with the tractor in gear. The transmission shift lever has to be in neutral to complete the starter circuit. These switches often malfunction and prevent starter function. Find the wires that go to that switch and connect them together to see if the starter will engage & crank the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome, you are correct the starter is not even engaging.
My friend said if could be bump started, I am going to have a 2nd look so will see if I can see a switch.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
On many tractors the switch is beneath the transmission cover, with two wires protruding out through the top cover of the tranny. There will be an electrical connector on these wires somewhere, probably back under the sheet metal. Find it and jumper these wires (on the engine side).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't see any switch, but further testing found a starter motor fault.
Just waiting for it's return to test it again.
Thanks for the advice.
Thank you for the welcome, you are correct the starter is not even engaging.
My friend said if could be bump started, I am going to have a 2nd look so will see if I can see a switch.
Thanks
Bump start worked. ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts