Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
New to the channel in Cascade Idaho.
I just purchased a new Kioti DK 4710 se hst and will be driving it to different locations.
My question is; will highway miles damage my tractor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the Tractor Forum
My hay cutting/raking/d baling tractors have been driven many 100's of miles on blacktops between fields in the 33 yrs of custom farming/baling. My JD 4255 I purchased in Feb.'93 has 11,600 hrs on the speed/hr meter. Highway traveling does accelerate cleat wear on tractor tires.

Only real problem is the other highway travellers that are in a hurry & can't comprehend that a tractor doesn't travel 80 MPH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You.
Have not had a tractor in 50 years.
MF 35 was my last.
Technology sure has changed a bit.

·
96 Posts
Most states have a law requiring display & location of SMV on rear of tractors/equip traveling public roads
Years ago most equipment you saw on the road had them. Now days the guys operating these huge pieces of equipment seldom use them around here I guess all the flashing lights take their place.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Years ago most equipment you saw on the road had them. Now days the guys operating these huge pieces of equipment seldom use them around here I guess all the flashing lights take their place.
the law is still probably on the books

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here's some photos of the Continental rear tires on my rd baling/plowing tractor that's traveled many,many miles on a blacktop between hay fields for 20+ yrs performing custom baling/farming activities

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts