Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that I got your attention, I take it your a Ducati fan. YOu ride a Ducati bike? I used to have Ducati bikes one time myself. IIRC th first one I had was a 500 single ducati dirt bike, used to call it the roto rooter, as it sure could throw up the dirt and make a furrow.....traded it for a 750 twin street, and that thing was somthing else. You could put a dime on the gas tank and let it idel and rev it up and the dime would not move....smooth running and vibration free. I thik their valve train was pretty neat and pretty darn trouble free...what was it Desmodronic heads or something like that. I eventually swapped the 750 Duc for a 750 Norton, why I don't know...........but often wished I kept that 750 Ducati.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
For quite sometime bikes have been a priority for me. But other prioritys have been taking away from what was once my passion.
It could be my last year with these boys...all or nothing either I keep them both or I dont, no in between...

Duc

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/P101000201.jpg">

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/LoadedTrailer.jpg">

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/P1010016.jpg">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,567 Posts
The "ducs" DEFINITELY get the thumbs up for the NICE throttle stecato and fine handling. My last bike was a 1983 Honda V65 Magna. She could pull 147 mph in 6 gear if I tucked my noggin tight to the gas tank. Did that on a top pissing contest on the German autobahn against a Beemer 750IL and got my ass handed to me. :D ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
The "ducs" DEFINITELY get the thumbs up for the NICE throttle stecato and fine handling. My last bike was a 1983 Honda V65 Magna. She could pull 147 mph in 6 gear if I tucked my noggin tight to the gas tank. Did that on a top pissing contest on the German autobahn against a Beemer 750IL and got my ass handed to me. :D ;)
..and we're glad you're here to tell us about it Chief! Not trying to sound too obvious, but things happen pretty fast at those kinds of speeds.

Nice bikes, Duc. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
I have a '79 Gold Wing and the fastest I think I have ever had that bike up to is about 90 MPH. I guess I am a terminal chicken. This bike is before they LUX them all out and all it has is a fairing and not much else. I used to have a buddy who got killed on his Duc coming down a mountain pass and forgot to make a curve on a clear day (no skid marks and in excess of the posted speed limit no alchol or drugs involved and no medical conditions). Yep, I let bikes but I am thinking of also getting rid of the Wing because I just do not spend much time on it and it is just collecting dust in the garage. I probably decide sometime next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by ducati996
For quite sometime bikes have been a priority for me. But other prioritys have been taking away from what was once my passion.
It could be my last year with these boys...all or nothing either I keep them both or I dont, no in between...

Duc

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/P101000201.jpg">

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/LoadedTrailer.jpg">

<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/ducati996/P1010016.jpg">

Very impressive highway hardware youv'e got there Duc.. I can remember when Ducati's were thumpers and not the speed demons that they have progressed into today... Mighty fine pieces..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Chief
The "ducs" DEFINITELY get the thumbs up for the NICE throttle stecato and fine handling. My last bike was a 1983 Honda V65 Magna. She could pull 147 mph in 6 gear if I tucked my noggin tight to the gas tank. Did that on a top pissing contest on the German autobahn against a Beemer 750IL and got my ass handed to me. :D ;)
Just gotta love that Autobahn....Those Germans take their driving seriously, unlike the majority of American folks, that eat breakfast, shave, put on makaeup, yak on a cell phone and slapping the kids in the back seat while going down the road. Was watching a show on the autobahn and they said the higher powered vehicles over there like the BMW's Porshe etc do not even have cup holders in them.....as holders are an american need item.........thats added to those exported. But once your on that autobahn you can get to where your going pretty darn quick. I think everyone needs to drive at least one time on the autobahn.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Chipmaker
Just gotta love that Autobahn....Those Germans take their driving seriously, unlike the majority of American folks, that eat breakfast, shave, put on makaeup, yak on a cell phone and slapping the kids in the back seat while going down the road. Was watching a show on the autobahn and they said the higher powered vehicles over there like the BMW's Porshe etc do not even have cup holders in them.....as holders are an american need item.........thats added to those exported. But once your on that autobahn you can get to where your going pretty darn quick. I think everyone needs to drive at least one time on the autobahn.....
The Germans are much more competent drivers, and have a more stringent DL tests and driver training. Over here any idiot can obtain a DL.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top