Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duc, I have been admiring the pictures of your toys and trailer to carry them around all day.

I do landscaping and lawn care and was thinking about an enclosed trailer. It would make my life sooooooo much easier during the cutting season since I could leave my equipment loaded up in the enclosed trailer rather than loading and unloading all the time. Plus it is a BIG feature to have my stuff all locked up while I am on the job cutting.

What brand trailer is yours and what size/model is it? What is its weight capacity? If you don't mind my asking; how much did it cost you? Any special likes for dislikes? Leaks, etc.??? Thanks.

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hi Chief,

I got this trailer in 1999 along with my other Bike (Ducati 996)
to haul it all over ( Mostly in New Hampshire) with the two bikes.

Its a Southwestern and its a single axle electric brake. Its hold up real good since its outside everyday. Surface rust is very little, and quickly fixed...the axle is 3,500 lb rated, the most I've put
in it is 1,750 lbs...i put eye hooks and chocks in for the bikes.
No leaks whats so ever ! I use it to haul my Cub cadet around
when needed. Its a 12 x 6 Enclosed and I think it was around $2800...another mfg that is popular is Hallmark...
They are used in Landscaping all the time...maybe find out what a second axle (tandem) for that type of use....you can get by with a single as well. The brakes and lights work very well (you will need a brake booster on your car inside)

Good luck in your search...I'm sure in your area you can get better prices...

Ducati

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Duc! :thumbsup: I will take a look at those manufacturers. Seems like a very practical solution to several issues and even temporary storage too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts