Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bucket won't curl and control linkage seems to be loose. Was attempting to dig myself out of the mud when it broke. Tractor is an old Ford 3000 diesel. Loader is a Bush Hawg 2346qt. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm a new land owner and new to tractors so anything to get me going in the right direction. Thanks-Bo

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
In your last photo, it seems like you have a ball end fitting unscrewed a fair way, all the nuts etc. have to be tight and from your photo, nothing seems to be broken, I would remove that wrapped cover and expose the workings, retighten the ball end fitting and then go from there.

You could make a tempory dust cover out of an old motorcycle tube until you could procure the correct cover.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
If you already have done it, well and good, you have a loose socket knurled head set screw in the block that all 3 ball ends are attached to and that is giving your control the sloppy feeling of no control of the crowd and dump of the bucket.

·
Registered
615 Posts
You need to replace that homebrew cover with a real one from a dealer. Leaving the control end open like that is inviting disaster as in crud getting in the valves and destroying them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to replace that homebrew cover with a real one from a dealer. Leaving the control end open like that is inviting disaster as in crud getting in the valves and destroying them.
Yeah I just inherited this tractor from my Grandad who sadly passed recently. Alot to learn with it. I've looked online but can't find this same control valve or if the manufacturer is still in business. I'm not sure if it was something he got with the bush hog loader or somewhere else. It was falling off so I went ahead and pulled the rest off to see what was going on underneath. If I can't find the original I'll have to make one or improvise. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved feel like an idiot for even asking lol. Just a simple fix. Thanks for the helpful advice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
One thing for certain (at least with me) and that is, if it wasn't for my 'pee pills' I take every day, I'd fall back asleep in the morning taking a leak in the commode, either that or have to sit on the throne like my wife does...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts