Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sold a tractor as 1964 IH 504 utility, but after doing many repairs trying to use the manual book I was given, realize it is NOT a 504. Maybe a 444 or 424? The oil filter sits on top of the plate, not underneath like most of the tractor pictures I have seen. The ID plate gives me no information that I can understand. I used the info for the 444 fluids change on Youtube, which was correct information. Gas engine, 2 wheel drive, rear hydraulics and PTO. Any information would be great! I just want to get the correct parts manual. The B 414 parts manual does not have the correct parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
If that's right model...the serial number shows to be a 1965 and not 64, but parts will be the same I would imagine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's right model...the serial number shows to be a 1965 and not 64, but parts will be the same I would imagine
Thanks! I will make a trip back to the Case store to return the oil filter that was not a correct fit and look thru the manual of the 424. They really were no help at the store when trying to figure out the tractor series.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Looks like the draw bar has done some heavy lifting. I had to sledgehammer mine back out flat, then added 4 ea #5 bars to stiffen it up. The new draw bars were not near as heavy as the one I bent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts