Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can’t really see the hole in the filter but there is a big one so I need to replace the screen but I have not found one close to the same size can someone help me find the mesh that is the same as the one in the filter
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Rim Motor vehicle

· Registered
1,695 Posts
This is the third thread on the same subject. Why?

If you can not find a substitute, get a magnifying glass and a ruler and count the openings:

With a mesh number you can get a piece of suitable stainless steel mesh, from here for example:

With things apart as you have, I would consider converting to the later models external spin-on filter assembly.

· Premium Member
3,210 Posts
You can’t really see the hole in the filter but there is a big one so I need to replace the screen but I have not found one close to the same size can someone help me find the mesh that is the same as the one in the f
You realize that when you try and remove the tinware that holds the mesh in place, the metal will stretch and distort and may not go back and seal the mesh like it is supposed to, I can see part of the hole but not the lot, if you can solder and if the mesh is stainless steel or for that matter, plain steel mesh, there is a flux that will allow you to solder the stainless mesh, and you can use ordinary tinning flux if the mesh is steel, I was going to suggest that if you can't get a replacement, new or used, then maybe a tin patch large enough to cover the damage would get you out of trouble, don't think for a minute that a patch will starve the pump for oil, that screen is massive for the pump draw and it is built that way so when the top gunks up the pump can still draw from the underside of the screen.

Should the screen be steel, you could then take this to a welding shop and get them to silver solder the patch, asking the welder to use a soft flame so as to not burn the surrounding mesh.

I am guessing you need your tractor back on deck, so have a think about it as a second option.

· Registered
3,526 Posts
I agree Hacke. One question, one thread! Otherwise all the answers and advise get scattered around the forum.
Hacke is from another country trying to ask questions here in English. :)

Bet he doesn't recall how he posted or where he posted his first question here.

• Helpful
Reactions: theduke

· Registered
1,695 Posts
Hacke is from another country trying to ask questions here in English. :)
Correct, glad it makes you happy.

Bet he doesn't recall how he posted or where he posted his first question here.
Correct again, it must be nearly twelve years ago.

However, If I started a thread December 10, I bet I would have remembered that January 8. If I started a thread January 8, I bet I would have remembered that January 25, especially if the problem was still unsolved.

If someone wants renewed attention to a subject, bump the existing thread with a new post instead of starting a new thread. A new post with additional information, like wanted pictures, might improve the probability to get helpful answers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts