Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, hope to get so advice. I picked this up some 20 years ago, it has been in storage. I was told it was in working condition when I got it. A guy was parting out the garden tractor I, when to buy a Kohler 16 hp and saw this and he made me such a good deal on both motor and hydro. Now life has allowed me to use this or pass it on. Can anyone help to identify it?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Grass Wood
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Trunk Gas

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
With the combination of that blue color and the 16HP Kohler..... I'm gonna take a guess and say it's out of a early 70's Ford garden tractor. Probably a LGT165 if it's a K341 Kohler 16HP engine and they both came from the same unit he was parting out.

LGT125 - 12HP
LGT145- 14HP
LGT165- 16HP
LGT195- 19HP

If I recall correctly, I think they all used a Peerless 2500 transaxle/Eaton 10 hydraulic pump and that definitely looks like an Eaton 10 pump on the front

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never seen a hydro pump/motor this beefy, Dose not look like any Eatons 10 or 11 I have ever seen. The transaxle does look appropriate to the LG165.

Thank you for your comeback. I am about ready to give it a spin/test and see if it works. In the process of making Johnny Cash's "One piece at a time" from several more parts.

The only casting mark I can find is on the motor section is L25 with a partly unreadable serial#.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts