1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Help ID this spring clip... MTD Lawnflite 12.5 / 38

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by olriley, Sep 17, 2017.

1. olriley

olriley New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Hi. First time poster here. Today I swapped out the transaxle on my machine. It was a kinda long and painful job with lots of hammering, especially to get the wheels off. Anyway, at one point this strange bent wire clip fell to the floor from somewhere up in the machine, I must have dislodged it. Does anyone know what it is, what it does and where I need to put it back? Thanks! IMG_2603.JPG IMG_2604.JPG

2. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    sixbales likes this.

3. sixbales

sixbales Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    WOW!! How did you find that Bill?

4. jhngardner367

jhngardner367 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lonoke,Arkansas
    It's there to hold tension on the shifter,so it doesn't flop around.
    If you've ever worked on this type of tractor, it's common to have them pop out,when removing the trans.

5. olriley

olriley New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    What a great forum. Thanks pogobill.

6. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Glad we could be of some help. Now pop over to the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself and that tractor of yours!
    Cheers

7. olriley

olriley New Member

Sep 17, 2017
  8. rdr202

rdr202 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Use caution when pulling the wheels off you don't want to dislodge the axle from the transmission.