Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!

I had posted about this in my thred on removing the plow on my N, but it may have got buryed there.

I am removing the add on front pump on my 8N, and wile all is OK, except one thing. I can not figure out how the pump shaft comes out[stinger shaft, I think it's called?] There is a flange that bolts to the crank hub, but the shaft must come out of that somehow. I thought it was just splyned on, but it does not seem to come out. I kinda want to get an idea, before I start pounding on it. I would REALY like to get this off today, becouse I have some things I want to do with the tractor this weekend.

Also, if I can not get it off, would there be any problem with running the tractor with it still there? It seems to fit pretty tight, is it OK to spin it without the pump on? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I believe it is just an auxillary shaft there for that purpose. I'm sure it has a bearing on it and spinning it should not cause any harm to it.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There does seem to be a bushing there.

But the good news... I got it out. I just wacked at it a bit, and it finly started to move. The splines were a little twisted, so it was sticking a bit. Only problem is it is stuck in the bracket now. And till I remove the undercarrage for the plow, it needs to be there, becouse it holds up the front of it. Oh well. I fastened it out of the way, so it is not turning, so I am set for now. Now, I just have to try to get the bolts for the undercarrage off of the rear axle. NOT goint to be easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts