1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!...... Ford 1520 Paint Colour Codes???

Discussion in 'Ford / New Holland' started by Tim O'K, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Tim O'K

Tim O'K New Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Hello , I am restoring a Ford 1520 compact in Western Australia It is 1990 produced and I am urgently trying to find the colour codes. The blue is relatively easy but the white seems to be becoming a nightmare.

Can anyone help...Please??

Cheers

2. Graysonr

Graysonr Registered User Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2017
    M20J1750SE3DS is the Ford part number for a gallon $67 plus. Ford calls it gloss gray, I've heard it referred to as mist gray. People I've talked to recommend the manufacturers paint if you want a lasting paint job. Of course if you're going for Imron, I can understand, as it is a very long lasting finish (also very expensive) shops that sell it have paint books with color chips. A spray can of the Ford gloss gray is $10 usa and a quart is $20 or a bit more. You could make your own paint chip for a paint shop to match if you don't want to use the Ford/NH paint. This gray was used from 1965 thru 1994.

3. sixbales

sixbales Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    G'Day Tim, welcome to the tractor forum.

Graysonr's recommendation is correct. Although it is called gloss gray, it is "almost white". Go to Messick's Farm Equipment website and do a search for "New Holland Paint Chart".

Graysonr likes this.
  4. Tim O'K

Tim O'K New Member

Nov 13, 2017

5. Tim O'K

Tim O'K New Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Hello and thanks GraysonR and sixbales. I have searched high and low and cant find a code for this colour.
    Does any one have an idea as to what is the colour code??

Cheers

Tim

6. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Graysonr likes this.
  7. Graysonr

Mar 31, 2017
    The paint code I sent earlier is 1 digit off the one just sent by pogobill.....the difference is that one is a gallon and the other is a quart.

8. Graysonr

Mar 31, 2017
    http://farmyard.net.au/3/29640/30249.html this link is for New Holland Dealers in Western Australia. Perhaps you could contact one nearest you and arrange to have them ship you spray can or a quart and then you can make your own paint chip to match. It may be that one is close enough to drive to? I suggest this because it would seem that each paint manufacturer will have their own code. Again, for lasting quality I understand the paint from the equipment manufacturer is one of the best options.

9. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I feel your pain as no one seems to want to commit to a definitive set of paint codes! Maybe a paint shop can decipher the codes that we've supplied for you.