Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 56 year old semi-retired supervisor. I was raised on a farm in central Ohio in the 1950's-60's. We had Farmall M's, H's, 460, 560, 806, 856, John Deere A & B, & a Ford 8N. Farmed about 1100 acres in the 60's. I now have 5 cubs including a 184 lo-boy. Also have a cub cadet 782 (one of the last ones made by IH) Also awaiting the arrival of a 1948 Farmall H. I love talking about old tractors and my years on the farm. Been married 37 years to my lovely wife. We have 2 sons one recently deceased and 1 grandson who is 2 years old and loves tractors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey Bigdog, What do you think of this new sites format?. I remember when we all had to transfer over to Dennis`s new site and it was confusing at first but we all got used to it. I am still learning this one, So far I like the Cub site better and find it easier to navigate. BUT time teaches.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
148 Posts
Hello. I live in Johnston County NC. I grew up in Northern Indiana. I have a new Craftsman DLT 3000. I mow 3/4 acre. I am married and have a 2 year old that loves tractors too.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey johnbron

IT's good to see some familiar faces here. This format like most others, will require a little practice in navigation, but it seems easy enough. Hats off to the site admin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
farmall cub

I have a lo-boy farmall cub but have no idea as to what year it is....gotta be from the 50's. It is still 6 volt. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The serial number plate should be on the casting at the front where the steering shaft enters the housing. If the plate is still there, go to: www.atis.net and locate the cub FAQ pages. There is a serial number chart there. Make sure you look for the one for lo-boys, not regular cubs. If the plate is gone, look at some of the casting numbers. There will be a series of numbers indicating the day, month and a letter for the year of casting. It will look like this: 12*12*L There is a chart for the casting numbers on the FAQ pages also. Another excellent source of cub information is www.farmallcub.com which is where many of us like Merlin, johnbron & myself hang out a lot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks! just went out and got the serial no off it. My girlfriend thought I was crazy! the serial # is 2968 and I see it is a 1957. I have a drag blade, a plow, a 7 tine "rake" and a single disc that I think someow ataches to the plow. Thanks again bigdog!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello Bigdog, been popin in here for a few days. Just see you joined. We still have yall on our prayer list. I know it has to be hard. Sure wish we were closer an ya could join us Wed evening for the board meetin. Bound ta be interestin. I don't drink the hard stuff myself, but I would say the subject matter of the meetin will be eatin, drinkin, an liein. with the liein the part takin up the most of the meetin. Most of the liein will be what Dixie tells about me I would guess. Slo will probly slip one or two in on me to, I'd guess.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey DickL! We'll be in Fredericktown MO on Wed. evening for Cubarama or we'd consider joinin' ya. I'm sure you can keep the boys straight. Thanks for rememberin' us. Life must go on and we'll just have to see what it throws at us next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts