Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site due to a problem chainsaw and a day of rain when I didn't feel like doing any kind of work.
I collect Massey Harris tractors but have a few other brands as well and would love to have a 1957 445 Moline. I grew up on a farm and developed a love of tractors, smell of fresh turned dirt and mowed hay. I have been away from the farm for many years but still have the love of the above.
:) I first off point my finger at my wife when asked what got me started collecting Massey Harris tractors. It started in two ways. first she had me looking for Pony to restore and give to my father as a birthday or christmas gift, because he talked of the pony he owned many years ago. I was also looking for a tractor No a Massey Harris tractor for local Antique tractor pulling. Dad had Massey Harris tractors at one time so I had a working knowlege of them plus there were all kinds of other tractors in the club pulling already and only one Massey.
While Looking for some parts for the 44 I had bought to pull My wife said why not just collect them. ;) She is mine guys :D eat your heart out :D :D .
That is how it came about we have so many tractors. We no longer pull them.
My wife and I have a daughter who is married and we have two grand children that live with them in Minnesota. My son isn't married lives In Michigan near us. I am retired from the automotive field as my wife is the dental field.
I am a bee keeper,hunt and fish as much as possiable.
This is a short story of who I am and what I enjoy.
:D Al

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome Al!! You are indeed a lucky man! My wife is very understanding of my tractor habit, but not in the way it seems your wife is!:D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi Al,

Glad you found us. We're a bunch of easy-going guys around here (except in the Political Science forum where even the calmest person can get tweaked) who have a wealth of knowledge about a plethora of subjects.

Angel

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I sort of liked the avatar too since it reminds me of my dad and the 1946 Sudabaker truck he owned when I got old enought to take notice of such things.
Don't talk politics, you vote for whom ever ya please An I'll do the same. No reason to make enemys with that talk when there is so much tractor stuff here to tqalk about.
:D Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts