Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Wayne. I stumbled across this forum while searching the Internet looking for an answer to my tractor problem.

I guess I should have just searched "Tractor Forum" first and saved some time.

At any rate I am glad I found this sight. I'm an IT professional during the week and quickly becoming a Diesel Tractor Mechanic nights and weekends. lol

Unlikely combination right? Not really, I helped my Dad buy some land years ago and we built a log cabin on it so he could retire. We've always been the outdoors type and he enjoyed his last years hunting, fishing, tinkering, etc. Now that he has passed I sold the house in the city and moved to the cabin. We are a mile and a half from the pavement and it takes me about an hour to commute to work now. I don't mind because I love it out here. It's a chore however trying to keep things mowed and the dirt road in decent shape etc. It's even more of a chore when the tractor won't run!!! I guess you don't realize how dependent you are on a machine until it isn't there to help you anymore.

Speaking of machines, I have the following:

1972 Ford 2000 3 cyl Diesel

Thanks to whoever created this site. I'm sure it has been a great help to many.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum KWA! Is the Ford running now?

·
Retired Canadian
934 Posts
Those good, old Fords are easy to work on and repair. Computers are my downfall so I envy your mastery of them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum KWA! Is the Ford running now?
Not yet, but getting close. A couple forum members have already given me some good tips. Like I said in my intro, my Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship is only at nights and weekends so I haven't had much time to work on it. I made some progress bleeding the system last night and hope to get further this evening. These old tractors are engineering marvels and I can see why so many like to use them, work on them, and restore them back to their former glory. I don't know if I'll take it that far, but I'll definitely do all I can to get it into top mechanical service. I rely on it too much to not keep it in prime working condition. Once I get it bled and running again my next goal is to replace the leaky PTO seal. I don't know if it's possible to ever get these old machines completely air tight, but the less fluid I see on the outside the better I feel. lol

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts