Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda feel I have free time to help you find manuals / translate manuals / check for replacement parts / suggest something about Belarus tractors, old and new.
Not an owner of one, but lived nearby to the plant when in Minsk, so I come from the country where almost every mechanic knows them.

I'm also interested in agriculture in general, had couple failed and couple successful minor investments into plants/animals.
Also working as software developer.

· Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum..from a Belarus 8345 owner. My Belarus has been a decent tractor..antiquated technology, but fairly easy to work on, cheap horsepower and so far part availability has been good. They're an electrical nightmare..but mechanically easy to repair. B.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum..from a Belarus 8345 owner. My Belarus has been a decent tractor..antiquated technology, but fairly easy to work on, cheap horsepower and so far part availability has been good. They're an electrical nightmare..but mechanically easy to repair. B.
Hello! 8345 seems to be (close to, it's never the same) MTZ-920 domestically.
How was your hydraulics? I see this forum, and where Belarus is mentioned, there's hydraulics problem, which is Swiss army knife of MTZ issues. I was particularly interested in this topic in context of supply chain research in centrally administrated economy, which doesn't really care for feedback and is actually interested in selling more spare parts than providing decent quality. Problems with hydraulics started to be systemic at least in early 80s, when the producer started having hard times. They only managed to fix it with procuring privately manufactured in Belarus and with imported Bosch, so I wonder.

· Registered
664 Posts
Hydraulics have been acceptable for my application. Pressure/flow rate is sufficient to operate a loader and lift drawn equipment...tho the reservoir is small and and must be continuously maintained at proper level. I have installed an auxiliary hyd. oil cooler which is helpful at keeping temperatures down. Engine has been bullet proof..brakes and PTO clutch have been the weakest components. Not to mention the electrical system which had a complete meltdown due to a 24v power surge. B.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hydraulics have been acceptable for my application. Pressure/flow rate is sufficient to operate a loader and lift drawn equipment...tho the reservoir is small and and must be continuously maintained at proper level. I have installed an auxiliary hyd. oil cooler which is helpful at keeping temperatures down. Engine has been bullet proof..brakes and PTO clutch have been the weakest components. Not to mention the electrical system which had a complete meltdown due to a 24v power surge. B.
Electric system has been a problem not only for tractors from Belarus, but trucks and buses, too, for a while; it's either power surge or fire. As I understand there are cold winters in Virginia, have you ever been adjusting alternator to winter/summer regime?

· Registered
664 Posts
I know the summer/winter option screw is available on the rear of the unit, but do not understand the option well enough to use... I believe I have rebuilt the Alt. twice in 8.5k hours. B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts