Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this elsewhere with no replies. Do any of you know what size "rear" tire came standard on a mid 80's Case 226?

Also, while I am here, do any of you know of a used "Ingersoll" or "converted Case" snowblower may be for sale? Any details?

Thanks

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by ropari
I posted this elsewhere with no replies. Do any of you know what size "rear" tire came standard on a mid 80's Case 226?

Also, while I am here, do any of you know of a used "Ingersoll" or "converted Case" snowblower may be for sale? Any details?

Thanks
I can't honestly answer your first question, but I'd guess it was an 8x16 like the 400 series.

The second question I may have a solution. I have a Snocaster blower for a Case 446. I don't know what is done to convert them, but I'll sell her to you at a fair price so you can afford the conversion.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts

Thanks
26 8.5x12

And Argee's snowblower from a 446, will fit a 226 with no adapter but a diferent belt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but I need an Ingersoll blower for my 3014. I have several Case blowers, of which I had hoped to convert one for the Ingersoll. No luck, and the conversion kit is $200-$250 depending on the dealer, and no cheaper buying direct. So I need an actual Ingersoll blower or a Case that has already been converted.

Thanks again for the replies.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Thanks, but I need an Ingersoll blower for my 3014. I have several Case blowers, of which I had hoped to convert one for the Ingersoll. No luck, and the conversion kit is $200-$250 depending on the dealer, and no cheaper buying direct. So I need an actual Ingersoll blower or a Case that has already been converted.

Thanks again for the replies.
AHHHH OK I thought you were looking for one for a 226. Sorry, my bad.

So what's up with the buying/selling? You sell any of the three, or just decided to build a bigger garage?:) :)

Is the 226 something new? Going for number 4????

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhhh...gee...had to ask, huh? Sure hope the wife doesn't come in here. Well, no I haven't sold any yet. It is so tough when you like them all. I am seriously thinking of selling the 446, just not sure how soon. I have the most equipment for it, therefore it takes up the most room. I met a guy who has a real nice 226 for sale, but compared to my 3014 and Toro, the rear tires just look too small. But it is a mid 80's so maybe they are right...I'd like to find out...local'ish dealer not much help.

As for building a new storage shed. I do have 4 wooded acres, however I don't live out in the country, as such, so there are building limitations. Afraid I am at my limit, unless I was to tear down my small shed and rebuild, but it is only 1 year old. Wife has been really good about it...should I say long-suffering ( you should see my garage...can barely breathe in there)...but I am not sure I want to press the point any further. She already thinks I am crazy! Should see the look on her face if I even mention seeing "another" tractor I like...I am afraid someday I'll give her a stroke.

Well we finally got some snow this last week and a half. How are you guys doing? Had a bad accident behind my place, Dr. in SUV going too fast lost control and hit by 2 semi's. Saving a few minutes in time is not worth your life, kids 2 and 5, very sad. So take care.

God's blessings to you all.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
YA the tires are a little small, but seem to work fine. My Mom's old JD112 had the same size, and when I replaced them, I jumped a size. 26 9x12 if I remember right. Fit on the wheels fine, and just 'look' better:D :D Seems to be room under my 224, and the tires are getting pretty bad so I my do that also. Now I got to say, just for mowing, I like the small wheel 22_'s better. Anyrough stuff, and the big whell tractors are the best.I have gotten my 224 stuck place the 444 just crused through, but just mowing normal, I would take a small wheel anyday.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts

As for building a new storage shed. I do have 4 wooded acres, however I don't live out in the country, as such, so there are building limitations. Afraid I am at my limit, unless I was to tear down my small shed and rebuild, but it is only 1 year old. Wife has been really good about it...should I say long-suffering ( you should see my garage...can barely breathe in there)...but I am not sure I want to press the point any further. She already thinks I am crazy! Should see the look on her face if I even mention seeing "another" tractor I like...I am afraid someday I'll give her a stroke.

LOL I always looked at it this way. When ever my wife says something about my tractors, I just say

I don;t go out to bars, or strip joints. I don;t do drugs, Whats a few tractors.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts