Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of the newest ones here. I was referred by a buddy of mine who happened to run across this site recently. My name is Roy Hooser and I have the dubious honor of working as a head mechanic and team leader for the BIGFOOT monster truck team. I have been involved in monster trucks for the last 21 years. I do own a couple tractors in a John Deere 2640 with loader and a Ford 5000. So, I might have a few more questions on the tractor side, but I should be able to answer lots of questions on Ford engines that can much out well over 1000HP along with other crazy stuff --- I have also starred in the show JUNKYARS WARS as team expert for the season two show for building a monster truck. (team Ghost Mountain Riders) ---- So, there you have it. This is a really nice site and I look forward to contributing when I can.

Roy

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Welcome, Roy. What an honor to have you here. Junkyard Wars is one of my favorite shows of all time. I will have to see if I can locate you or make you a Bigfoot 4x4 avatar (picture) for your username. In any case, welcome and shoot us some pics if you can of the trucks, and your tractors.

Any questions, just ask.
:zoomin:

Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Bigfoot

Glad to have you aboard i watch junkyard wars all the time i like to see them make stuff out of junk one of my favorites shows. Wow i can tell all my Friends i wrote to the head mechanic and team leader for the BIGFOOT monster truck team. So don't be a stranger i know you will be busy during the racing season but post all you want till then. So again Welcome to tractorforum:friends:
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Interesting project idea. A lawn tractor bigfoot!!!!! Work will commence immediately!!!!

Welcome aboard. You must be from St. Louis area. I was just out at their "museum" near west port a few months back.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Probably not an avatar you would want. I've been looking for a comparable one for you... so far, no luck :(

[link didn't work. let me attach it instead]

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Not to be too picky but I don't think Bigfoot would like to use the Grave Digger avatar....unless it is to CRUSH it!! Do they still have the truck with the really huge tires????? That thing was really tall!:pedro:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
WELCOME!!

Sit down, hang out, grab a cup of coffee...

Look foward to any interesting post you may have in you.

As close I get to a MT is my old Powerwagon plow truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome. Hopefully, I will have time to post a few interesting stories for the group. Questions answered: The large 10' (to be specific: 120x48x68 Firestone Alaska Tundra with aluminum rims) were quite the sight to behold - used on 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and trucks in the past. If I recall correctly each tire/rim setup was well over a ton in weight. As far as the avatar, thanks I will have to figure out to put one in sometime. A lawn tractor monster truck conversion? Sounds like something interesting. For your reference, it takes anywhere from 3 months to over a year to produce a Bigfoot monster truck. The lawn tractor might take a couple weekends tops. See you later.

Roy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Cant wait bet you have lots of interesting stories to tell hope to read some in the near future.:driving:
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yep --- I second that with Jodyand ------ Let's hear about the biggest crash or more outrageous event that you can recall happening on these rigs during the last 20+ years on the job. (I am sure you might have a ton) - Thanks for sharing everything with the forum. We look forward to more insight from a true motorsport legend. ZOOM ZOOM! :D

Andy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Funniest thing I ever saw was when I was at a tradeshow a few years ago, they had Bigfoot at the show as an attraction. At the end of the show, I hear an engine roaring extremely loud. I look around the corner, and here comes Bigfoot, but it had the tiny travel tires on it so they can put it in the trailer. It looked kinda silly with the little tires on it, but it was incredibly loud.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Welcome Roy! Wow! a celebrity on the board. Like the others, I look forward to some inside stories on the king of monster trucks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts