Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that inquired about the big hammer and the engine I took some pictures to share with you. I know nothing about the hammer except it belongs to the club. The engine was power suppl to the town of Philip SD many years ago. It's my understanding was that it run when it was dismantled and brought out to where it sits today. It has sat here for many years as no one has showed much intrest in it. I was told that when it was hauled out here that it took many tires and wheels. Please look at the pictures and if you have any question ask and I will see what I can find out for you . Enjoy!
caseman-d

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/casemand2002/album?.dir=/7d75

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats a big old motor what is that green thing next to it and i don't mean the dozer. Is it some kind of shaker screen.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jodyand
Thats a big old motor what is that green thing next to it and i don't mean the dozer. Is it some kind of shaker screen.
Jody
Jody, thats the radiator for the engine, then the round piece is the exhaust pipe/muffler.
caseman-d

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by caseman-d
Jody, thats the radiator for the engine, then the round piece is the exhaust pipe/muffler.
caseman-d
Man that one big a$$ radiator of coarse that one big motor.
Jody

·
Registered
518 Posts
case theres big motor like tht ive seen at local tractor show its mounted on a lowboy thy pull it around looks like same kind motor:jumpropeb :crazysun: :jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bigallis
case theres big motor like tht ive seen at local tractor show its mounted on a lowboy thy pull it around looks like same kind motor:jumpropeb :crazysun: :jumpropeb
Must be some big low boy, I never seen the truck it was hauled in on but was told they blew lots of tires getting it here.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by bear
be interesting to see and hear run
I'm going to mention it at our next meeting and see if we can do something. I would like to see it all hooked up and also find out whats wrong with it.:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by memmurphy
That looks like the power plant that I posted a link to on ebay a while back. It was still in the power house. Started on diesel than switched to natural gas once operating temperature was reached.

1440 Hp. Generator

Mark
Nice picture Mark, wasn't a bad price but I bet frieght would really hurt tht pocket book..

caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigallis
Ba, did you get anyphotos of it, would love to see some pictures.
caseman-d

·
Registered
518 Posts
tht link mark had 2 ebay motor it looks like one i saw at show only had big lowboy hooked under it had the cat walk n ladder on it no i ddnt get piks of it case it ill try n scrounge some i know president of tht club tht has the shows ill see if he can get me one ill try my best find out more bout tht engine at show looks same as one u have piks of or close 2 it lol:jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the folks that were asking about the big green think on the case forum.
caseman-d:) ;) :) ;) :) :spinsmile :tractorsm :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I could not afford to pay for an oil change on that thing!

Did anyone ever see that website with the pics of those huge diesel engines that they use to power those super freighters and tankers with.....Those suckers are HUGE. A crankshaft over 100 feet long........inside the crankcase alongside the main bearing journals they had built in ladders so you could inspect the engine......imagine a buiillt in ladder along side your main bearing caps! They showed a crane lifting one of the pistons off a huge lathe.........

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If it is shot , I would imagine the scrap prices wouldn't be too bad. I think steel prices are still up. It would be cool to see it run, but would think it would take quite a bit of cash to get it going again.:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts