1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

GT6000 mower (917257740) running issue

Discussion in 'Craftsman / Sears' started by Trapperjack, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Trapperjack

Trapperjack New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    mower starts great, runs for 5 minutes and then starts loosing power, backfires and then dies. Let it sit for 30 minutes and it will start and repeat the process. Has run great all summer and just started this cycle. Help!

2. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun Member

May 8, 2007
    Check the spark cold.
    Check spark when problem occurs.
    Compare. If weak, it's a heat sensitive ignition module/coil/armature.

Cleaning the grass, mouse nests etc. from under the shroud might allow it to run cool enough?

Change fuel filter.
    Gas cap not venting? Loosen cap for a few seconds. if problem disappears for about 30 min.....

sixbales and wjjones like this.

3. wjjones

wjjones Moderator Staff Member

May 27, 2010
    I would bet on the gas cap, or fuel filter. Good advice Mr. Bill. I hope we get a follow-up to see what it was.