Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some pictures I want to post but the board format will not accept them because the picture file names all end in .JPE

I tried renaming them with a .jpeg ending but they got saved as a .jpeg.JPE . How do I change the picture file name to end in just .jpeg only??????

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
you may have your folder options set to not display known formats of files.. so when you look at it it does not show the end .JPE

do you see .JPE when you look at the file? using windows explorer?

if you see dont see the .jpe go to my computer tools folder options, click on the view tab.

then uncheck the box that reads 'hide extensions of known file types'

when this is unchecked the next time you look at the file it will look like yourpicture.jpe

when you see the jpe ending, then you right click on the picture and select rename change it to yourpicture.jpg

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried all of that and it just added the new .jpeg ending and still tacked on the .JPE after that. I went back to the orginal email with the picture enclosures and resaved them as a .jpeg and this saved them in the format I wanted and I was able to post them. Thanks for the help anyway SJ! I appreciated it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I correct myself SJ. You were right about the unchecking the 'hide extensions of known file types'. I unchecked it and now I can change the file names like I want. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
great now post more pics... andy said hes got 30 gig of disk space he's just waiting to fill...

:furious: :furious:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts