Tractor Forum banner

Which do you do to clear the driveway of snow?

• Shovel and break your back

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Plow attached to tractor

Votes: 148 54.8%
  • Blower attached to tractor

Votes: 95 35.2%
  • Seperate Blower

Votes: 56 20.7%
  • Live in Louisiana ---- so we dontz need it

Votes: 7 2.6%
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
well i cant vote

on this but when we do get snow its gone by the next day.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... My post, but I can't edit it. Will the moderator of this section edit the Poll and add something like.

4) don't get snow
5) melts by the next day, don't need to

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
Hmmm... My post, but I can't edit it. Will the moderator of this section edit the Poll and add something like.

4) don't get snow
5) melts by the next day, don't need to
I did it for you tisenberg.
Jody

·
Registered
183 Posts

I use a Ford 641 with a 3 pt blade on each end. It's the best I have now that the JD 350 and the Ford 555 are gone.

George Willer

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I move a lot of snow

None of the poll options fit . 1 ton GM deisel with a Meyers plow,or my John Deere with an 84 inch scraper box on the back and fel on the front.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
You neeed to add

Push it with a plow truck.

Move it with a tractor with an FEL

Move it with a tractor with a back blade

Other means to complicated to describe

Just a couple of suggestions for your poll Toba.:smiles:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I would also fit in the "other" catagory. Got the old Powerwagon to get me out. BUT, I do have a blade for each of the tractors, and a snow blower, but that is burryed in the shed, and does not work. The truck does a better job anyway. Plus it has heat.:) :)

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greg --> Not sure what you are talking about with the "do you do do you" stuff. Oh, that's because I editted and fixed it LOL

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think it really depends on the type of snow. I use the blower on my craftsman and either plow or blower on bolens, they can be changed in a few minutes. The craftsman is an all day job to switch.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by sixchows
I think it really depends on the type of snow. I use the blower on my craftsman and either plow or blower on bolens, they can be changed in a few minutes. The craftsman is an all day job to switch.
How so sixchows. I have a GT5000 with a snowblower and it takes me 1/2 hour tops to get it on and 10 minutes to get it off.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by sixchows
6chows, is it a hassle to get that cab off and on?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Argee
Do you switch from a blower to a plow on your GT? If I want to switch say to plow heavy ( not deep) wet snow, I'd have to remove the front side plates on the frame, the clutch idler assembly under the tractor, remove side muffler guard, install support bracket for plow handle guide then put muffler guard back. Then remove lift links from mower suspension arms adjust nuts all the way down and install on plowlift brackets. Then assemble plow lift brackets to tractor and hookup plow. Remember we're talking about snow it's usually not good working conditions even inside the shed. If I used air tools I could probably speed it up some but then you know the next storm would need a blower!
Simple_John
The cab depends on how you want to store it, you can leave it mostly assembled and suspend it from the roof of the shed my barn style shed is high enough, but there's no need to take it all apart again. It was like a puzzle putting it together, nothing is marked left or right and only different bends make it left or right. Besides I have a tendency to start these projects just before it gets dark always makes it more fun.
The bolens uses 2 pins and cotter keys under the axle and 2 cotter keys to the lift arm doesn't even take 5 min to swap and the blower has a u-joint to the pto with a special spring cotter

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Yes Argee I do also, but this last wet slop we had over the weekend popped a shear pin on one side so I figured if the 2 stage had a hard time I might as well throw the plow on the bolens. The sick part is I really hate getting the bolens all wet with the snow and then I won't drive it anywhere there was salt used. I know, I know "it's a tractor!"

1 - 20 of 241 Posts