Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom's old 'puter crapped out and she bought a new one. In the process she switched from AOL to another provider that supplied DSL hook-up for the SAME price as ADL. I just heard this week that AOL is cutting jobs again, for the real poor value they offer in my area, I am not surprised. Anyhow, this new 'puter is sweet and the DSL is faster than what I am used to at home. SO I'm playing on it a little tonight before I go home. She is now all set up to do her thing.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Would we now address her on the Forum as "Mom Bontai":question:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Archdean
Would we now address her on the Forum as "Mom Bontai":question:

"Mom Bontai":furious: She'll never go back to dial up at least thats what i said. What kind of computer did she get:question:

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
With a brand new 'puter and lightening fast Internet....couldn't she be "Bontai Mama!"...

With all due respect.:worthy:

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She got a Dell with a 17" flat monitor. Bontai means guard or sentinel in the Tagalog language, so "Bontai Mom" would probably suit her well. She is the one that taught my brother and I to shoot, play baseball, and fish. Dad left before I was 6 to pursue "other adventures". She has shot a .44 magnum but prefers the .357 for it's better controlability. Plus at age 70, the recoil is a bit much from the .44. She uses the computer to read and research mostly. I doubt she would ever be interested in posting anything.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Joe, your mom sounds liek one heck of a lady!! I'm sure she'd be interesting to talk with too, lots of great "Joe" stories I'm sure!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts