Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning while in the process of removing some damaged trees from Ivan I found a baby squirrel who was in a nest in the one oak tree that got damaged from Ivan, that I cut down early this morning. Needless to say his name is Ivan. From what we can tell with the amount of hair etc on him he was probably born sometime in the time frame that Ivan came for a visit.......so far he is doing good, and I was just afraid old momma squirrel would not take care of him since her nest is now history. I left him there fo a little while and kept an eye on things, and his momma just scurried around the fallen tree, but made no attempts to retreive him, so just that he did not get a chill, I picked him up and gave him to the wife to take care of. Right now he is asleep in her pocket after getting a baby bottle of formula.
Get rid of critters and then still wind up with yet another to take care of. Like I really need another squirrel on my property, as I have been shooting them constantly as they are so abundant here. But I just did not have the heart to do him in. When and if he gets big, it is sure to put a crimp in my picking off the squirrel population once again as they get to be pretty neat little critters and fun to watch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts