Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the pictures and I came across this one...I had forgotten that I had it.....This is in a church school playground, near Bellville, Ohio if I remember correctly. I used to have a route that took my by it every other week.....Great use of an old John Deere combine to use as a playground toy.....

Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Plant

·
Registered
225 Posts
And the shame of it is....that's the closest most kids will ever get to farm equipment and a small part of farm life!! B.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Around here they have combine demo derby's at the local fair and then they head off to the scrap yard.
I saw one of those on line and couldn't believe it. Seems like they would be too expensive a machine to destroy like that, but farmer I know educated me on how the old combines aren't very efficient compared to newer equipment and may not be compatible with the row spacing of modern planters for harvesting. I have seen a couple of old combines converted into snow blowers on line. That must be a fairly complicated conversion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a 3300 diesel for many years. The ‘00’ series was the 1st of the JD quick attach headers. In my area a good used combine still brings good money.

·
Administrator
10,353 Posts
I saw one of those on line and couldn't believe it. Seems like they would be too expensive a machine to destroy like that, but farmer I know educated me on how the old combines aren't very efficient compared to newer equipment and may not be compatible with the row spacing of modern planters for harvesting. I have seen a couple of old combines converted into snow blowers on line. That must be a fairly complicated conversion.
Top Gear had an episode where they converted a combine into a snow plow.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Saw a picture somewhere where an enterprising farmer fabbed up a blower on the front of an old combine too. Plenty of power and a good working view as well.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I had a 3300 diesel for many years. The ‘00’ series was the 1st of the JD quick attach headers. In my area a good used combine still brings good money.
Back in TN, I know of a dairy farm that converted the unit over to a massive operations generator. It would power the entire complex from milk machines, freezers and bottling equipment. Just because it was once a combine, it still has great value from the engine power.

• Love
Reactions: bontai Joe
1 - 8 of 8 Posts