Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up my fishing license yesterday... 24$ for resident Maine license.. i swear, it seems to go up by a few bucks every year.. but what the heck...

Anybody gone fishing yet this season? Fresh or salt?

Regular or fly?

my boat is still covered from winter but its nice enough today that i could have gone out...

Me, i mostly fresh water bass fish.. fly rod.. something about catching a fish - no matter how big or small - on a 10 foot fly rod always gets the blood pumping...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got back from fishing. This afternoon was the second time this year I've had the bass boat in the water. The small mouth were ALL over my Mepps in line spinner! I caught about 10 and the smallest was about 1 1/2 pounds; released them all. It's not bass season yet in New York but I wanted to get some fishing in before the folks from "the big city" and New Jersey start invading the area. Water was 59 degrees; air temp was 80 degrees.

One of my grandson's is coming up from Alabama to vist us this summer; we're planning a trip to Lake Champlain. My wife and I go up there ever year the week after Fathers Day to get "some stress relief". This time we'll take our grandson. He's never been to Vermont or a lake that big. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun.

All of my fishing is with bait casters or open face reels; 6 to 14 pound line and I use only artificial lures; NO BAIT!!! I'm not coordinated enough to use a fly rod.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Going to my cabin tomorrow and gettin my little boat with 15 horse Johnson. A week or so we are gettin the big boat out of storage for a fishing trip.
Ryan

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have both fresh and salt fishing alot so far this year. Oulic. for fresh and salt w/snook stamp is $29. The bass bite i Lake Tarpon has been feroucious to say the least. Red fish (Drum) has been hot this srpring along with sea trout and sea bass. Did catch a couple snook earlier but it seems to have shut down. Should be good because of thre spawning now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts