Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've left PM's. Sent Emails. Left posts.

Not one answer about how to MAIL a donation.

Not even Admin responds.

I refuse to BEG to give my money away.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
woody, if you are looking to give some money away.. you can always donate to the 'Johnny Fund'

that would be the 'simple johnny fund'

I'm sure andy is just away for a day or so.. he just started the donation thing so it may take a bit to get the kinks worked out.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by Spike
It's much easier to move your funds to: http://www.gardenweb.com/
:) :peace:
Its also much easier to lose your funds at gardenweb by getting sent to disney.

Woodydel it takes Andy a while to anwser his PMs i think he gets alot of them. He has alot to do at home work and on here. So give him sometime and he will anwser you and by the way Welcome to tractorforum:friends: Glad to have you as a member.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I thought Andy also posted that he was real busy with personal and work stuff and said that he might be slow with posts and PM responses. Please do not let this sway your opinions on the site or the Administration of the site. It is a very good site that listens to the user community.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
:ditto:

I am not real hip on the paypal thing and am waiting to see what Andy has to say about cash or checks. Like everybody else said he just does this in his spare time and right now is real busy. :whistle:

Andy has bent over backwards to give anyone on the forum what they want, lets give him a little more time to answer the questions.

On another note I got the impression he wasn't going to make TF a pay site just give the Gold members some perks for contributing.
We await your answer oh great Andy the Administrator!!:whistle:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Trust us. Andy is very busy just making this place better. Don't lose faith and stick with it. I think you will find that this place is by far the best tractor forum on the web. I always mention that when you post here, there is no bashing and it is like a brotherhood. If you have a problem, it gets solved relatively quick as far as tractors are concerned.

·
674 Posts
I do not use pay pal either... I tried along time ago when e-bay first started using it. When I tried to register with pay pal thay sent me a massage saying that my credit card number was already listed under another account.... I have never had any bogus charges on my card and it seemed to me that pay pal just did not have their act together at that time. I ended up paying with a money order.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Ok, I want to make it very clear --- this is not a pay site. If you want to help out and receive the perks that come with it, then fine --- if you dont you will never be slammed with SPAM ads, pop-ups or redirects for not "going gold" --- I am working on getting the tractorforum business entity setup with my CPA. If each of you that still want to mail in a check want to PM me, I can provide you will my personal info until the company is established.

As far as I can tell about 7 people total have taken advantage of the "golden offer" --- so this is not a "get rich" scheme. In essence, just the software purchases, upgrades and renewal fees are going to be hundreds of dollars, (not to mention the t-shirts and the decals --- haha) so this will not pay for the daily operation :peace: but no matter, this is for the community --- and I am proud of this place and that most of you enjoy it ---

Thanks for the support as always.
Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gold membership

Well that got the desired response/responses.

I liked what I saw right away.

I like to help out with a donation.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Woodydel, it is not hard to make a donation. Just click on the "make a donation" button in the lower left corner of your screen and follow the direction and fill in the info. to make a Pay Pal payment. I have never used Pay Pal and I don't like it.

Andy, is it a big pain in the butt to directly take credit card payments? Pay Pal just eats up too much for their fees.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Direct CC payments? Well without a costly merchant ID, you can use a 3rd party billing system that will accept CCs but you are looking at losing anywhere from 13.75% to over 20% to these charges. Not exactly the same as losing less than 4% with Paypal... I guess in the end, I will have to go with one of these companies for my online store but not right with the associated costs.... unless anyone else has better ideas. :D

Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
paypal works fine for me.. the seller loses so its no loss to us... why not just post an po box address for folks to send checks

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Andy, the Pay Pal worked fine for me as well. It is the first time I have ever used it. I did not realize that CC billing took such a big bite out of the money. I don't blame you. The P.O. box idea sounds like a good back up.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It worked for me too i have been using paypal for two year with ebay never no problem. They are always wanting me to verfiy by giving them my checking info but i have never giving it to them. All they have is my C.C.
Jody

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gold membership

Paypal's problem is when you use it enough they have a spending limit imposed.

When you reach the trigger amount which for me was $1600 I am told I must give my bank account info to continue using Paypal.

It has nothing to do with your credit card limit which for me there isn't one.

It is a total of any and all payment made through Paypal. It is an accumulated total starting on the first day you use Paypal.

When they demanded a bank account number for me to continue that ended the use of Paypal for me.

My AMEX is paid in full each and every month since 1992. They don't need my bank account info.

Two days ago PayPal sent me an email informing me my credit card had expired. Like hell, I had my numbers changed months ago.

Just how were they checking my card? I'll tell you.

They made an unauthorized small charge to see if it was rejected.

If the charge goes through they issue a credit.

To their twisted way of thinking, nothing was done illegally.

Unauthorized INTENTIONAL charges are illegal.

I don't trust them.

Since they only had my old number it looked to them as if my card had expired.

An address to send my donation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Woody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
paypal is great

I dont know woody..
Paypal limited a purchase i was making for 3500$ once... I had to clear the purchase with the card company, but i consider that a safety feature for my behalf to prevent someone from using my acct that was not approved...

paypal costs 3 or 4 % but they are very convenient, either you pay a charge company big money or pay verisign or some other on line web site big money to accept charge cards or use pay pal.

Its allowed all sorts of people to sell stuff on line without the big cost of a secured charge card acceptance pgm...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Below is a copy of a message to me from PayPal.

It is about being verified by PayPal.

I have no limits on my credit card or haven't ever reached a limit no matter how much I've spent.

PayPal flat out keeps a tally from the day you start using PayPal and ,if you don't verify yourself by giving them access to you bank account info, will not lift the TOTAL spending limit.

Read it closely. They want ACCESS to my bank account.

They want me to accept PayPal for payment so that THEY get a chunk of my money.

They give out your bank info and your credit card info to undisclosed third parties.

Think about this, your credit card company has already SCREENED you. Everything in this message is baloney. It's designed to further PayPal's hooks into its users.

Therefore, I simply don't use them anymore.

I don't mind using snail-mail to send out money and the seller keeps more of my money.

I would appreciate an address to send my donation.

This is the message text below.

Dear Woodrow,
>
>Thank you for contacting PayPal.
>

>If you don't add your bank account your sending limit will eventually
>reach zero. Please note that just because a bank is added does not
>mean that you have to use it. You can still send money with only a
>credit card, you will just have to designate it before you finalize the
>payment.

>At PayPal, security is our top priority. We encourage our members to
>become Verified to help maintain the highest possible security. To
>become Verified, simply register and confirm ownership of a bank
>account.
>
> · This proves your identity and tells us that you have passed the
>screening process of another financial institution -- making our
>payments network safer for all members.
>
> · Confirming your bank account also allows you to withdraw money
>from your PayPal Account directly into your bank account, and vice
>versa.
>
> · Further, confirming your bank account helps us keep PayPal free to
>consumers, by lowering transaction costs, and helps fight fraudulent
>use of credit cards.
>
>Our verification system benefits Sellers through our Seller Protection
>Policy. PayPal's Seller Protection Policy for the PayPal service
>protects Verified Sellers up to $5000 per year against fraud when they
>receive payment through PayPal. PayPal's Seller Protection Policy only
>applies to Premier and Business Accounts.
>
>We recognize that you may be concerned about the security of your
>checking account information. PayPal employs the safest encryption
>system on the Web to safeguard your account information. In fact, if
>you carry a U.S. Dollar balance in your PayPal Account and do not
>enroll in the PayPal Money Market Fund, PayPal will pool your funds
>together with funds from other Users, and will place those funds in
>accounts at one or more FDIC-insured banks, up to a total of $100,000.
>
>When you become "Verified", you will receive the following additional
>benefits:
>
> Your sending limit will be lifted.
>
> · You'll be eligible to receive a $5 sign-up bonus.
>
> · Other members will see your status as "Verified" -- building
>confidence among buyers whom you do not know.
>
> · You can easily add funds to your PayPal Account from your bank
>account.
>
> · You can transfer funds between accounts at different financial
>institutions by using PayPal as your financial hub.
>
> · For every bank account you confirm between now and the end of the
>month, you'll get an entry in our $1000 Verified Member Sweepstakes!
>
>If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
>again.
>
>Sincerely,
>Robert
>PayPal Customer Service

1 - 20 of 20 Posts