Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any christmas gift ideas for what to get the Mrs. for Christmas. I am horrible at coming up with things for her, but she deserves something nice for Christmas for putting up with my crap.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by leolav
Looking for any christmas gift ideas for what to get the Mrs. for Christmas. I am horrible at coming up with things for her, but she deserves something nice for Christmas for putting up with my crap.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
I've always found a nice piece of jewelry works wonders. It's something that you picked out for her, doesn't have to be expensive, but it's from the heart. Or a new winter coat. It's always worked for me. The majority of woman aren't into tools like guys. Give me a new power tool or set of sockets and I'm in toolman heaven. Give SJ a new mixer and he's in.............:lmao: You know what I mean.:smiles:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Im getting mine, a remote starter.. not very sentimental, but she got a new car and we dont have a garage yet... So when its 0 outside she appreciates the warm car and not having to run out to warm it up..

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Im getting mine, a remote starter.. not very sentimental, but she got a new car and we dont have a garage yet... So when its 0 outside she appreciates the warm car and not having to run out to warm it up..
That's thoughtful and considerate :clap:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
If she like mine

Just like Agree said jewelry a ring a necklace or a bracelet she likes them all.:money: She is with jewelry as i am with tools and outdoor power equipment:smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have known SJ was gonna recommend the mixer. I was gonna get her one of those last Christmas, but she didn't want it. She said it was a waste of money (I guess shes right as I do most of the cooking when I'm home).

:) :)

The car starter isn't a bad idea, but we have an attached garage that we keep the cars in and I am concernered about Carbon Monoxide poisoning even with the garage door open.

Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I can't think of something without knowing her. Sit back and think about her hobbies or interests. You could even buy here a gift certificate to one of those spa's where they give you a massage and do her nails.

The funny thing I did a long, long time ago was to write a check to my wife for $1,000. I guess she could have cashed it, but she didn't.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That wouldn't work for me

Originally posted by tisenberg

The funny thing I did a long, long time ago was to write a check to my wife for $1,000. I guess she could have cashed it, but she didn't.
Cause she would say whats mine is mine and what yours is mine so i couldn't get away with that. And then she would chew me up and down for not putting any thought into it.:twoonone:
Jody

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Don't even think about kitchen appliances or clothes. Those items are more likely to get you killed!

You need to be thinking DAY SPA!

Massage, pedicure and manicure...... the works!!!! It will run you a couple of bucks but I am sure it will win the gift of the week award!
:twoonone:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Jewelry is my #1 recommendation! Definitely not appliances unless you like being thought of as an "unromantic, uncaring, thoughtless [email protected]@rd". An exact quote from a former love of mine. Earrings and matching necklace with her birth stones in them. You can buy it at Sears, K-Mart, Penny's and not spend a fortune and score those valuable bonus points that matter later.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
you guys dont konw what you are talking about... Ask any woman who cooks about a kitchenaid mixer.. they will say 'ive always wanted one'
I guess except leo's wife...

but yeah.. jewelry is probably a preferred choice...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She hates getting jewelry which is my issue. It is the old reliable. My wife just has every piece of jewelry that she would ever need. I am thinking about the day spa, but she always claims she has no time to do it. I thought of a trip to Vegas, but again, the time and being away from the twins will be a bit much on her.

Keep em comin! I appreciate the help.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
How about

1951 Pontiac Chieftain then you wont have to get rid of it:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
If jewelry is out, how about a kid free night out in a nice restaurant followed by dancing and then relaxing the evening away in a jacuzzi in a posh hotel room. Have room service deliver a nice breakfast in the morning and then go home. An romantic evening away from the daily grind should do it without disrupting life too much.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
If jewelry is out, how about a kid free night out in a nice restaurant followed by dancing and then relaxing the evening away in a jacuzzi in a posh hotel room. Have room service deliver a nice breakfast in the morning and then go home. An romantic evening away from the daily grind should do it without disrupting life too much.

DAM!!!! sounds like I should get that for MY wife. Or me as the case may be:) :)

I am kinda in the same shoes as leolav. You don't know how much work a kid can be till you have one. My 16mo is STILL keeping me running.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
Been doing that for our anniversary for ten years, best thing we ever did! Doesn't get me off the hook for jewlery though, I don't think they have made anything out of gold she wouldn't like! (Except for a golden calf maybe!);)

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I was a bachelor until I was 39 and learned a little from my failed relationships. I am trainable to an extant and got better with the romantic stuff as the years went by. Having schooled in and worked in an engineering environment most of my life has caused my thinking process to be one of solving problems and analisis of situations. Works good when fixing or making things; not worth spit when trying to be romantic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts