Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after waiting 4 months...I am getting my 446 with blower and tiller. Transaction took a long time with a few snags, but can't help but like the gentleman I bought it from. Always nice to make a new friend even if it takes the long way around.

Can you tell I'm pleased? A stablemate for my 3014...that will be nice! :eek:)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Congratulations

I know you will enjoy that its a monster you got a good one. Enjoy it:band:
Jody

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Did you get to use the blower in the recent snow? How is it working? What year? I always liked the Case tractors, especially the old one with the thumping single cyl. Kohlers. But I'd take a newer one if I could find one that I could afford. They are a bit pricey around my part of the world.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, didn't get to use the blower, no snow where I live...it all went north of us. However I owned one of these years ago and it blew snow very well..even the slush.

This one is an '83 or '84, whichever year they made the orange and white combo for the attachments...I think that was just one year. It has a new Onan (twin) short block with about 1 hour on it so I will have to break it in. It really purrs.

In my opinion the Case / Ingrersoll's are the best L&G tractors ever made. If you keep looking, you can find good deals. I had looked about a year before finding this one. I thought $1500 with the new short block, 48" deck, sleeve hitch and tiller, and snowblower was a good deal. It even has a new switch, solenoid, and wiring harness that were just put in.

I have three tractors again and will need to sell at least one because of storage reasons. If I don't sell the 3014 or Toro you might see this up for sale...but probably not until next spring should that occur.

Season's blessings to you all.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Argee is right, the Case tillers are AWSOME!!!! Also as long as you have a rear hydro PTO, and a sleave hitch, it will work on your Ingersoll also. I do feel the big wheel tractors are a bit better for the rough stuff though.

As for the year. Ya I think it was 83 that they had the white atachments. That is what year my 224 is, and the log splitter that came with it is white. Also your 446 should have the longer frame like my 444. They made them a bit longer in 80, or 81. REAL nice tractor. Now if you need to sell one,[selling a tractor???? People do that??:D ] Of corse in my book the toro would need to go,:D but if not, I bet you will find the 446, is a LOT more tractor then the 3014. If it was me, the 3014 would go before the 446.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts