Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was mowing the yard when Dan my nieghbor came over and ask If I had any bandages. His right hand was covered in blood and I took him over to my garage sink and had him wash his hand. I went to the cabinet to his right and grabbed my first aid kit. I got out the gauze and put on some gloves and started working on him, the cut was deep and to the muscle on the back side of his hand. I packed his wound in gauze and taped it closed and called his wife. She came over immediately and took Dan over to the hospital where they put in 8 stitches. The 1st aid kit I got was about $65.00 and it is quite extensive and well worth the money, I highly recommend that you get a kit and keep one in the garage and in the house as I have done. You never know when you will need one. The reason Dan came over to my place as it was closer to me then to going back to his place (Smart guy). Plus he also stated he could not remember where his first aid kit was at home and he said fooling around looking wasted valuable time.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats a great reminder Michael:thumbsup:Everyone should have a good first aid kit just because you never know when something will happen.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Great advice Michael! :thumbsup: Probably not a bad idea to have an first aid kit mounted on the wall in a prominent location right next to the fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Good Thinking Michael!

I have mine mounted on the floor, at my age let's face it that's where I'm most likely to need it!;)

Dean

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also carry one in each of the cars and trucks I have (not as fancy as the ones in the garage and house). Never really thought about it until yesterday. I do not keep my next to the fire ext. but mounted in the master bathroom. Just where my wife and I like to have ours. It is located easily where we can get to it quickly.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, HEh Heh, Blink blink, Good one parts man, Those my wife and I can avoid now. No more accidents for us. We only had one and he is 27 years old and looks like a very tall filipino-american 6'5" and 255 pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts