Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a gearbox to run off of a PTO? It needs to be able to mount on a PTO and have the shaft coming out of the side that is being turned by the PTO. Also how could I cobble up some sort of a clutch to engage and disengage the driven shaft without turning the PTO off. I want to use this to make a winch to mount on the back of our 4100. Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ryan,

The gearbox usually runs at PTO speed. What do you plan to use it for... launching sailplanes?

George Willer

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by gwill
Ryan,

The gearbox usually runs at PTO speed. What do you plan to use it for... launching sailplanes?

George Willer
George, great to have you back again!!!!! I hope all has been well with you. Been about 3 months since that last time you were here. Where have you been. I got a little concerned and sent you an email. I very much missed your commentary and views on things. Hope you will be a regualar poster again. A BIG & VERY WELCOME back! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I have one of those for my 8N tractor. It was designed to run a cordwood saw and a few other implements. Worked well but don't know anything for newer tractors. What is the purpose, farmall?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, just to make a winch, sort of a little project for the heck of it. Couldnt you get it geared in the gearbox slower?
Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Could you drive the winch with a hydraulic motor? Then control the speed with some sort of variable flow valve?

Just throwing an idea in here.
:)

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts