Votes: 3 12.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like the peopls republic of Masachusetts is planning to allow Gay marriages...

See link...

from boston globe

I know this is a big republican issue..
But do you care? do you think it is another example of moral decay or degredation of marriage or just a way to allow gays to show they care and to get benefits?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I vote Let them be treated like any other couple...
Maybe this is wrong.. and really, what do i know? I'm 41 and still deathly afraid of marriage...
But i know of gay couples and although they are gay, I never thought of them as being inherently evil or deviant. If they want to get married, to help defray healthcare costs or tax breaks.. its not that big a deal to me..

·
Registered
275 Posts
:monkey: Where is it going to end? If I marry my monkey, will I be able to claim him as a dependent on my taxes? Will I be able to cover all of his vet bills on my insurance? Is having sex with a monkey any grosser then having sex with another man? Who is going to be the one that determines what is too gross? Maybe I should be allowed to have 6 wives. If they are all agreeable, who should care? I ask again, where is it going to end?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
:ditto:

I was going to have a similar response, although I wasn't going to refer to Wheely's monkey. That is the question...Where will it end? If this goes through, it won't end.

Of course, the multiple wife thing might be kind of neat.

·
674 Posts
It is just Wrong

legally, if the gays get the chance to go to court with this they will win. But some things are just WRONG.
And if the courts say it is their right, then what is Next? brother sister, father daughter?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Big time wrong!!

Well here is my take on this, it is wrong and here is why:

He answered, "Haven't you read in your Bible that the Creator originally made man and woman for each other, male and female? And because of this, a man leaves father and mother and is firmly bonded to his wife, becoming one flesh--no longer two bodies but one. Matthew 19.4 (MSG)

I like the way things are put in the message version they are a little more modern. The NIV has almost the same wording.

“Marriage is a covenant, a solemn binding agreement made before God and man. The religious ceremony of the wedding before church and community emphasizes that marriage is more than a legal agreement between two individuals. The church has a responsibility to support and nurture the marriage that has been affirmed by public vows.”
http://ag.org/top/beliefs/relationships/relations_04_marriage.cfm

This is the way it is supposed to be and pretty clear-cut to me.
One MAN and one WOMAN.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's right Stewart, that why God created "Adam and Eve" and not "Adam and Steve". It's pretty much a no brainer. Even a Monkey would understand that. (no offence wheeley_boy).

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: Theres no more to be said Stewart said it all. Man dont know anything thats way God is the highest power.
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, never in my life would i be considered a left winger but i guess on this issue i am..

heres my reasons for saying let them do what they want.

1. I had an uncle who was gay. He never admitted it to us kids becasue it was such a horrible thing I guess. to be honest, we all knew, but if he and his 'roomate' did not want to admit it.. that was his choice.. BTW. in my opinion, there was no better man or uncle, than this guy, he was kind, caring, funny, a great cook, gererous and a great guy.. He lived with his roomate my whole life.. His roomate was always just considered another uncle to us..
and they loved each other at least as much as a man and women.. I saw this by their actions and by the way the roomate (of 25 years) was devistated by my uncles death (natural causes not aids - heart attack)

so if they had wanted to get married, and i admit it would be wierd.. but who am i to stand in their way.. And who are you all to stand in their way?

2. my girlfriend knew a lesbian couple.. they were partners for years... When one of them developed a life ending sickness (cancer, not aids) her partner of 8 years had no say as to the sick girls medical treatment or care.. and after the girl died, the dead girls family basically came in and threw out the partner of 8 years out of their house.. Why, no marriage certificate or partner certificate or whatever.. so she had no say...

3. In my neighborhood, there is a gay couple.. a 'heather has 2 mommies type' both women are very nice and are raising a child.. They seem like normal enough folks.. no big lesbo gatherings no problems.. just 2 people trying to get by in life...

I understand the bible says no.. but the bible says a lot of things that no longer apply..

Gays folks are just trying to get along in this world, without being beaten up or chastised.. so again, i say let them do what they need to do to get along..

PS. Durwood awesome line about adam and eve not adam and steve.... :lmao:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
So sj if a man and his sister live together and treated yo nice and careing to you and wanted to get married it would be all right with you:question: Are how about a mother and son:question: Its not how God wanted it if so then there would be one sex male.
Jody

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Webster's Definition

I wonder when this was updated?

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: 'mer-ij, 'ma-rij
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage

Couldn't find any gay/lesbian smilies...;)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by jodyand
So sj if a man and his sister live together and treated yo nice and careing to you and wanted to get married it would be all right with you:question: Are how about a mother and son:question: Its not how God wanted it if so then there would be one sex male.
Jody
jody i do not recall talking about incest

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Its the same to me WRONG. Man does not tell God what he thinks is right God tells man what is right. Thats whats wrong with this world man thinks he know what right and God is wrong. And that is just the :devil: Devil moving in there will be alot of people that will burn:flamedevi in Hell in the end. Thank God i wont be one of them because i know God and i know what his laws and words are.:clap: :clap:
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
doesnt god say love thy neighbor? He does not say ask them their sexual preference and then you decide if you want to love them or hate them!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sj, yes it does say to love your neighbor. That doesn't mean you have to approve of their lifestyle. Please explain what parts of the bible that are outdated now.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yes he does but he also gave you the common sence to know right from wrong and being Gay not the happy term is wrong. I dont hate no one i hate the way they are. They have no Christan values and think they can do what they want. And as Charlton Heston said as Moses (HE WHO WANT LIVE BY THE LAW SHALL DIE BY THE LAW.) They will all have to anwser to God in the end.
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by jodyand
Yes he does but he also gave you the common sence to know right from wrong and being Gay not the happy term is wrong. I dont hate no one i hate the way they are. They have no Christan values and think they can do what they want. And as Charlton Heston said as Moses (HE WHO WANT LIVE BY THE LAW SHALL DIE BY THE LAW.) They will all have to anwser to God in the end.
Jody
so jody you think that every gay person is going to hell? no matter how much good they do in life? but becasue they prefer a hairy mans ass they will go to hell..

BTW let me qualify I am as straight as the rest of you guys... just gay tolerant..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmmmm

.. but the bible says a lot of things that no longer apply..
No offense, but that attitude is one of the major problems these days.

While "The Bible" (in my case Douay-Rheims or Ignatius RSV-CE versions) does not condone homosexuality - it also states that I do not have the authority to judge.

I also have several acquaintances (and even a relative) who are gay and they are no less human or perfect than me.

I do agree with Wheely Boy on his statement of "where is it going to end". This is NOT a good precedent.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.