Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotor Blades

I was informed this week by 4 seperate mower shops that you could not buy GATOR blades for MTD products.I went the next day and bought a pair off the shelf at my local Western Auto store!!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I have gator blades on my Cub and its made by MTD. Do your mower shops even have gators or even know what they are:question: Well at least you found them at Western Auto .

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have a set on my Deere F525 and they seem to work well and chop of the clippings better. I am going to try them out of the leaves this week as well. I also have a set that I purchased for my 4410 MMM but have not installed them yet. The standard blades on the 4410 MMM seem to be doing a good job and mulching ups the leaves so far.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Agri-Supply carries Gator blades at the best prices I have seen on the internet. My Deere dealer will match their price as well. If you are interested; PM me and I can give you Ricky's phone number at the Deere dealer parts dept. and Ricky can have them drop shipped to you.

BLADES

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now have Gator blades on both my mowers.After one mowing using my Craftsman,I think they gave the lawn a lot nicer look than the high-blift lades that came on the mower new.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I noticed they seem to have a little better suction and lift the grass more than the OEM high lift blades and do a better job. I don't have to go back over areas as much.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Chief,
I found the same thing when I installed gators on my 48C deck with the Power Flow Unit. With the gators plus the lip kit, I can vacuum leaves off the driveway compared with having to blow them on the grass and then suck them up. My JD dealer now offers Predator Blades which are a very similar design to gators. I may try them when it comes time to replace the gators since I like to give my dealer business anytime I can. I also thing the teeth on the back of the gators, chops the leaves a little finer since I don't have to empty the bags quite as often.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I mowed the yard again this week,hopefully for the last time this season. The last 3 mowings have been with the Gator blades.I do not use a mulch plug in either mower.I usually have to use a lawn sweeper after every mowing,but I have not had to since using these blades.I dont know yet if its because the grass is thinner this late in the season,or if these blades actually reduce the size of the clippings that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts