Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received and tried out the gator blades on my gt5k with 48 inch deck, i agree with aegt5000, i didnt notice any improvement. i did notice less suction while mowing along the gravel driveway and road frontage, they didnt suck up loose gravel like the stock high lift blades, a plus to me, probably a downfall for others not in this situation. i may have to switch back to the stock high lift blades to grind up leaves in the fall. after looking at the new blade design, i think they would be a big help on my older mowers with stock no lift blades. i mowed my road frontage because the county cant seem to come by with a snowplow, brush hog or road grader. it still took 2 passes as did the stock blades did last year, but i would have expected this. this was side discharge with no mulching. another plus, the mower deck wasnt completely clogged with clippings when done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Besides the adventure of it all, any particular reason to wait until the grass is 3-4 feet high? Any ticks in your area?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sixchows, the trick was on me, waiting for the county to mow, like last year, they havent come by, tricked me again. the new house across from me has been vacant 3 years and the grass is super tall, the developer is in jail for murdering his wife and there it sits.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Not tricks, "ticks" those little insects that carry lyme disease and transmit it to humans. Be careful in tall grass like that.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sixchow, just put my glasses on, no r in ticks this time. i try to keep out of the tall grass to avoid them, and try to wear my glasses when reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts