Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all is there any thing out there that will clean it up and remove some rust ?????? thanks

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jbetts13
ya but how can you get in side ?????
Find the guy who has the incredible shrinking machine...:lmao:

Seriously, if this is a standard gas can, I wouldn't risk contaminating my fuel.. I'd trash it and buy a new one.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well you make sure there is no gas vapors put in some BBs and shake, shake, shake, shake your booty, shake your booty:D Thats a song long before your time:lmao: But the BBs will work just takes some time.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Thought you were talking about the outside. If the inside, is rusted about all you can do is rinse it out with gas and oil and clean it out as best you can. Is this a boat gas can??????? If so, DO NOT use it. It will do nothing but screw up your carburetor. Go buy a plastic tank. That is what I did with my Whaler. It had the old OMC can that was rusted and filthy.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by jbetts13
whats BB and l now that song

The little steel balls that you use as bullets in a air rifle like Daisy BB guns.
Jody

·
Registered
977 Posts
bb's would work good but if you don't have any i use broken glass inside the tank and attach it in the lathe if it a small tank or tie it on a large pulley i have one a jackshaft that i drive off the lathe chuck slowly it turns about 50 rpm saves a lot of shaking and i can do something else while the tank is cleaning

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
That's not a bad idea Bear. Something like a quart of BB's and clamp the can in a paint shaker? :furious: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
l think 'm going to try the glass and sealer

4 the glass does the glass have to be smached up good

·
Registered
20 Posts
little smaller than golf ball size stones wash them first before putting in gas can put can in back of pickup truck on it's side an use 2by 4 to make a cradle to hold it rotate every now an then

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I second the opinion to trash it and buy a new plastic one that will never rust. It is just not worth the risk of a missed piece of crud/rust/dirt getting in the carb and shutting you down until you clean the carb out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts