Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever gone to GardenWeb's tractor forum. It's great!!

GardenWeb.com

Spike

·
Registered
336 Posts
Competition between friends...

Yah Spike... I started out there, but Andy pays better, and I get longer vacations.....

(actually, I haven't abandoned you yet... I still post more there than I do here.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only problem I've ever had at Garden Web is posts disapearing. I think it too protective and the real truth sometimes will be hid because of this. Here at Tractor Forum, so far has been easier to post and find out better information without a moderator worrying about someone making a dollar off the site besides him. I appreciate the Tractor Forum and will support it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I spent a lot of time on Garden web until I said my opinion on an off topic Alabama monument thread.

Now, I am off to disneyland and goodbye to GardenWeb. I didn't know Spike's opinion on that topic, but I now understand that I had a different one than his.

Did everyone from that thread go to disney, or perhaps everyone on one side of the debate? Do you ever come back from disney, or is it a one way trip? That place sure slowed down after that thread, I think there were a lot of people who got a free trip.

I still look there sometimes, but less and less, heading for never.

Goodbye GardenWeb.

-D

·
Registered
336 Posts
GardenWeb vs. TractorForum

deere-
I disagreed with your opinion on that GardenWeb post about the Alabama Courthouse controversy. I did it vigorously but politely, and suffered NO repercussions from Spike for it. I was sorry to hear you did, because we were BOTH violating spikes rule, and should have been treated the same..... Although we disagree, in a wonderful country like America, we both can speak our peace. In GardenWeb, however, the rules are different....

That being said, I've had more trouble voicing an opinion here! When I'm in the middle of answering a long post, and get to the end, and discover I'm now logged off, it's a bit frustrating. I'm not sure if it's censorship or a bug in Andy's software, but it's irritating. I try to read both forums, but GardenWeb is still clearly the busiest. Some posts here go hours or days without a response, while GardenWeb posts get answered in minutes.

On GardenWeb, there is one person in charge.... SPIKE!

Here, I'm not sure if ANYBODY is in charge... Andy supposedly set me up to moderate 2 forums, then gave me a co-moderator, and I'm not sure which of us is ACTUALLY in charge... I sure haven't been given any special powers to do anything. I didn't even know I was moderator of a third forum too, until another member told me I was...

I'm sure Andy will eventually make this a terrific forum, but right now it has many glitches, and it seems Spike can sleep easily...

I doubt Andy will put him out of business anytime soon....

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Moderator Powers

Tractorguy you have the power to edit or delete anyones post that you are the moderator on. You are the moderator on 3 different threads you can edit or delete someones post if they get out of hand. You also should be able to move a post if its in the wrong thread but i like you have not heard from Andy on how to do it. But you can right now edit or delete on your threads someone post by clicking on edit but only on the threads that you are the moderator on.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Here, I'm not sure if ANYBODY is in charge...
Speaking of that, has anybody heard from Andy of late. He was posting pretty regularly, then he stopped. Go figure..

I move a post out of the Ford/New Holland forum without much trouble.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Impotent Moderater (Watch the Wisecracks!!)

Argee & Jodyand-

I haven't heard ANYTHING from Andy since asending the throne... (kidding). I have NO ability to do any moderator stuff, as when I click on any of that stuff, I get the "You do not have Pemission...." message, just like regular members do.

I'm feeling powerless to manipulate my subjects right now, and hope Andy decides to restore my magic powers soon. I hate being a mere mortal....

TractorGuy

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think Andy is taking a big nap or on vacation since he sucked us all over to his new forum. I have not yet been able to get solutions to the problems I am having here. :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Been out!!

Yep, I have been out for some time. I am back and ready to check into the site!

Andy

I see that Spike is blacklisting my site from the gweb forum. No big deal, he needs to $ and members to operate, I don't. I am doing it for the benefit of the community and to improve things, not to cash in on people and their hobbies.

:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I enjoy this site and as new members come on board it will pick up. I see this thread hasn't been deleted. On GardenWeb any thing relating to this site is removed as my last post was over there. I have not posted over there since. I know everyone wants this board to have lots of activity and soon it will. I don't think search engines are finding it yet, or any of the topics. Just wanted to again thank Andy for all the hard work and the ability to make changes based on the opinion of the people on the forum instead of one person's opinion (Spike).

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GW

That's fair. It is difficult managing forums and unfortunately, you can't please everyone. I must say though, I like the singal notification that is sent out, as opposed to getting every reply.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Curious

I was just wondering, since Spike is around as well as Andy. Is there a problem on these forums with folks getting real upset about censorship and having posts deleted? I saw a post on gardenweb the other day, it was in the Toolshed and some person was talking some real trash about Spike. He was real upset about a post deletion.

I was a little surprised to see political forum here, that seemed a little risky. So far it seems like an interesting place as long as you don't get MAD! Any way enough rambling.

So is there a problem with folks betting a little hot under the collar and getting posts deleted or even banned?:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Stewart, It probably will depend on that moderators holier than though attitude of what should be viewed and what should not be viewed in his personal opinion. On another forum I frequent it was ridiculously censored to the point that you could not mention a tractor thats name is "Cockshutt", A very well known tractor brand name of old.:confused:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
As they say opinions are like.....
Sorry I couldn't resist, it is hard to not get caught up in the moment and rush to judgment. I have to read things again sometimes and try and look at it from their perspective. Sometimes you just have to disagree! I am curious to see what Spike has to say he has been around a while and might add a little perspective. So far everyone here has kept it mostly civil and not resorted to serious name calling, heated but not bad as far as I’ve seen. What do you think Andy?
:D

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Well, everything has its place.

I am not going to allow absolutely ridiculous behaviour such for the sake of posting crap to a board to flame, ridicule or threaten someone or their cause, but I will not base it on my "opinions nor my beliefs" --- That is why unlike Gardenweb forums, I am not the "supreme being" who decides everything --- I have been on FAR TOO MANY OF THOSE BOARDS --- check out YTMAG, gardenweb, and MANY MANY MANY OTHERS for that type. Reasoning? No seperate forum boards....on the "drop all your messages in one big tank" boards, it is next to impossible to allow someone to talk about some "controversial" --- since EVERYONE will read it and SOMEONE is bound to be "offended" -- I am thicked skinned --- this board is about the people and the differences that make us unique.

You want to talk politics, prayer, world events, OTs? Bring it to the proper board and tell us ALL how you think it is or should be.
Free speech to the hilt!

HTH,
Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
The censoring of Cockshutt may not have been due to a Moderator. If the site is set up to automatically censor certain words or phrases, then it may have picked up on it before a Moderator ever saw it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:p Andy you have got the right attitude as far as I am concerned. That free speech care you have will make this forum grow fast with many many new members in a short time. It is already growing memberships at a great pace. I like you am thick skinned and dont pay much attention to posts that I dont agree with but flaming & flamers should be warned about there nonsense.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
keep it up Andy

Wile I don't realy care for alot of the contraversl posts, and subjects, I don't see whay you would have to ditch them. I don't like them, so I don't read them. Simple as that. Now persinal atticks, thats something different, and should be delt with.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts