Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Recently I have seen a few posts on the GW that have me a bit disturbed. Posts with a lot of name calling and general pissing and moaning about what a piece of crap the forum is and the same for the owner. In the same breath, what a great forum the Tractorforum.com site is and telling everyone to "come on over".

I think the Tractorforum.com is great. I hang out here almost exclusively. But I do check the GW once a while to see if there is any Q&A's that interest me.

I do not think it is in the best interest of Tractorforum.com or it's members to invite yourself into Spike's "home", take a crap in front of his guests and then tell him what a rotten place he has. I also doubt it makes a good impression on his guests to the point of them wanted to leave and follow you here. He may be a complete POS but it is his house and his guests go there for a reason.

If I want to leave a forum, I just leave and never post there again. Might be something to think about. JMO but I'm sticking with it.

Greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m with you, Greg.

We need to get back to business and drop the B.S.

Sour words, no matter if right or wrong, are still sour… ain’t that right, Andy?

Jay
:peace:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I also agree w/Greg. Both sites are good. this site has the nice features jody mentioned: pics posting/aviators/multiple topics ect...
But theres nothing wrong with the other site... actually i seem to get more responses to posts on the other site.. not sure as to how many members are there as they do not post info like that...

but i think its better to just leave the other if were not happy... i think both will coexist without any problems.. so lets all get along..

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I think in some regards we are simplifying and trivializing what some (actually quite a bit of the gardenweb.com members) have expressed so much frustration and disappointment over. It is Spike's apparent lack of class and ability to allow members to openly discuss issues without fear or reprisal nor reprimand.
It wasn't like tractorforum.com came around and then all of a sudden these users who were being treated so nicely over the years decided to go back and post lies, accusations, slanderous commentary & abusive prose about Spike. In some regards it appears that he had it coming all of the time and finally --- just finally people are realizing with enough activity here and dedicated users, we will overcome the past dictatorship.

Honestly, I am shocked that Spike has responded in this jealous rage about this site. I have no earthly idea why he would be upset in the LEAST about 1 of his 300 forum boards being offset to another site. It is not like I am stealing his whole board nor activity pursueing his whole client base. This was SPECIFICALLY created to help the whole community and help fix the problems I saw at all of the other forums like ytmag, gw etc. Those sites have some outstanding personnel, archived text, activity and loyalist but the "drop all your messages into one big tank", "the clicks", "the open posting and forced reading of any/all controversial material" and the TYRANNY of the admins and their power trips --- quite frankly pushed me over the edge.

I have always hoped that this site would help unite not divide the masses of tractor folk. Remember, this site was not built to exclude Spike but actually built to include everyone who wants to discuss community tractor/lawn events. See the difference?
In the end, I feel that people will know the truth and the truth will lead them to the open doors here at tf.com ---

I thank you all for your continued support.
Andy
:alien:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can't we all just get along????

I think Andy is right in that if anyone would like to express an opinion here that as long as it is in good taste that it can and will be up for discussion to whom ever. If other sites want to run as controlled by few as to what topics are allowed then so be it, we don't have to go there. Why stir the pot. I have seen Spike post on here, has Andy sent him to disney? The more people that are here, there or at other sites the more useful info and experience that will be available for the beasts we all like seem to like to admire. I know of a gentleman on the Massey forum at YT that was a mechanic for many years for a massey dealer and has helped countless numbers of people with problems they have experienced.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not bashing the site.........

If anybody read my post on GW last night, which was promptly deleted by Spike, they will know that I was not bashing GardenWeb. I actually liked GardenWeb, as it has a few advantages over this forum.

What I didn't like was the heavy censorship. It appears to me that Spike was afraid to let his members have diverse opinions, and was afraid to compete fairly and honestly with Andy.

I have been a member of GardenWeb since February, and a member of this forum since it's first day. I expected to have Andy and Spike both trying hard to convince me their site was best, and I expected to enjoy both sites for a long time.

What I didn't expect was that Spike would be so interested in protecting his turf that he’s being so mean spirited and vindictive. I expected him to be a better man, and I'm disappointed that he needed to throw a Temper Tantrum.

When this site first started, Andy went on GW to promote it and, frankly, I thought it was in poor taste. I can understand Spike's unhappiness, but instead of politely chastising Andy for violating protocol, Spike just got nasty.
Soon after, when Spike came on this site looking to recruit members, Andy (as far as I know) did not similarly retaliate.

I guess the difference is when Andy went over the line, Spike went ballistic, and when Spike promoted GW on this site, we just laughed, and Andy didn't act so threatened. I doubt that he'll even retaliate against me for critisizing him, which I just did about two paragraphs ago. On GW, that same thing would (and Did) get me shot!!!

It's a shame, because I would have liked being a member of BOTH groups, but Spike's immaturity has made that impossible.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Well, I was thinking about docking you a few post counts for those slanderous remarks about my character.... ;)

All-in-all, I agree with your statements about my behaviour and rampant posting over at gw.com ---- All of that is but a foggy memory to me at this point --- though I do apologize to all of the gw.com members and wish them well.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spike did not come on here trying to recruit. That was just somebody who logged on with that name just to have a little fun with us. So how has Andy been so magnanimous? At GW he posted all his announcements and updates about starting this TF until he became persona non grata at GW. Now, if we try to mention TF at GW, we get that message saying that further attemps to post it will be interpreted as spam. If Andy had any sense about it, he would have just let word of mouth spread news about TF instead of try to get free publicity on a business like GW. Bit of a mistake there.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Should I can you for openly ABUSING my character, slandering my good name? Should I send your browser to www.disneyland.com because I am too childish and naive to understand how to deal with people and their 1st amendment rights? No, I let it all get spoken out in the open for all to see. Again, my initial actions were wrong at gw.com (insert cross of eternal reminders here), but I take full responsibility and blame for that --- openly and publically.

I don't delete the posts that make me look bad or offend my forum. This site was not created to damage Spike (I didn't even know Spike) or GW.COM or YTMAG.COM --- It was created as a positive venture. You can stay there at gw.com and maybe Aesop will join you and read you a little story about how the fox that couldn't reach the grapes thought they must be sour. (requires a slight bit of education to understand that...I guess) ;)

Mark my words: this site will be the largest and most successful and it will be that way because of the caliber of the people involved in this project. From the new members to the wonderful moderators and the administrative teams --- we are all onboard -- because in contrast --- it is not MY SITE, it is the member's site.
Just as a community is not owned by the MAYOR, but the MAYOR is there to serve the people, their interests, & their future. I am here to create the outlines of the town and watch it grow.

BTW, the grapes are good! :D

Andy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Pitiful Andy

As you see above, He's full of remorse...... I think he should say 3 Hail Mary's and call me in the....

no, no, that isn't right.... I guess he should just tell us it won't happen again, and if it does, we can just have SuperModerator delete his account....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts