Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new to lawn tractors but I really don't know much about attachments for garden tractors. I bought a GT 2548 a couple of weeks ago. My question is, do I have to have the deck removed for a sleeve hitch so I can have a blade on it? Also can you get either a front blade or a rear blade for the tractor?
I would appreciate any information on ground attachments for my garden tractor. Thanks robdl

·
Registered
241 Posts
robdl,
If you purchase the new Sears sleeve hitch #24535 it will allow you to leave the deck installed whenever you are using any implement on the sleeve hitch. However, there are times when the low-slung deck will present some terrain clearnance problems. I believe the standard front blade is linked to the manual lift system of the deck(the long handle on the right side). But, there's a way of installing a small electric winch to lift a front dozer blade. Personally, I'm gonna order the all-electric Johnny Bucket Jr.
Also, Sears sells an electric actuator #24545 for the above sleeve hitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Willie, I believe the johnny bucket is the way to go. Do you know the cost and the best place to buy it. Also how difficult to remove the deck from the gt2548? thanks for your help. I got to mow some yesterday with the new tractor. i like the power and the speed at which the blades turn. Maybe they don't turn any faster than my other mower but it seems like they do.
robdl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts