Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
issues with charging burnt a second voltage reg, did replace battery generator and volt reg. ran for hours and then reg started buzzing and that was it. using the UFO for the 3 point, once the battery depleted the 3 point stop operating and battery was discharged by using it several times. any help like a print of the tractor wiring would be great to chase, when I installed the new parts I inspected and clean all point of contact wire ends and battery tertminals.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
issues with charging burnt a second voltage reg, did replace battery generator and volt reg. ran for hours and then reg started buzzing and that was it. using the UFO for the 3 point, once the battery depleted the 3 point stop operating and battery was discharged by using it several times. any help like a print of the tractor wiring would be great to chase, when I installed the new parts I inspected and clean all point of contact wire ends and battery tertminals.
What FX model do you have?

Also, with the UFO setup, inspect the wiring for shorts or passive current leaks. These can cause electrical gremlins to ruin a good VR. Sometimes it's water damage in switches.

The FX series is 30 years old.

There are a few of us with some documentation for the series, however on the web, it's a tight lip series. We'll do what we can to assist you.

Reactions: fwinter01

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What FX model do you have?

Also, with the UFO setup, inspect the wiring for shorts or passive current leaks. These can cause electrical gremlins to ruin a good VR. Sometimes it's water damage in switches.

The FX series is 30 years old.

There are a few of us with some documentation for the series, however on the web, it's a tight lip series. We'll do what we can to assist you.
sounds great I will open and inspect the UFO box for moisture and the wiring, it is a 1994 FX235D model

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1994 fx235d

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
1994 fx235d
Oh I answered all your questions in the other Yanmar thread you had posted in. See them here:

This goes into deep info on the UFO too.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Oh I answered all your questions in the other Yanmar thread you had posted in. See them here:

This goes into deep info on the UFO too.
Ha!! finally found out what UFO on a tractor means, thanks bmaverick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts