1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuel bowl starvation

Discussion in 'Kioti' started by garretttpe, Dec 10, 2017.

1. garretttpe

garretttpe New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Hi
    Kioti CK 20S, 6 years old, 450 hrs.. Today my wife went to blow snow and the tractor started fine, idled fine then under load would only go 5 feet and completely stall out, She noticed that as soon as the engine started the fuel bowl would be sucked "dry" she shuts it off then it slowly fills up and and under load dies.
    things done.
    1 changed fuel filter, no change
    2. removed air filter, no change
    3. removed fuel cap, no change
    I am overseas and of course she is alone with a friend helping her. I am having them look at the fuel screen in the tank

Please anyone have any suggestions, she has 10 inches of snow on the ground, This tractor has given us ZERO issues, before I left I installed the blower, oil change, hyd fluid change, ran it for 30 minutes and I had no issues, it stays parked in a heated garage and the diesel in it is 45 days old. we use to use HEAT in it after every use and we keep the tank full, we stopped using heat due to being in the heated garage and always keeping the tank full......prob not a good call on my part. please help with suggestions she is panicking as we speak

thanks
    Larry

2. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    What about the fuel valve on the filter. Is it open Maybe bumped to an almost closed position?

3. garretttpe

garretttpe New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    thanks
    It is not that, but you do have a good point, there could be restriction inside the fuel bowl housing itself... she had a friend drain and clean the tank( it was clean no settlement) installed a new filter and it ran great for 40 min then poof filter bowl emptied and it died. it is going to the dealer this morning, I am overseas and she is in a bad way as we have 10 inches of snow on ground and more coming the next 2 weeks and no one to really properly help her...

4. z445guy

z445guy Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    What else could be wrong is the fuel shutoff solinode circuit loosening power and slowly closing so machine shuts down

Sent from my iPad using Tractor Forum

5. HarveyW

HarveyW Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Hello Larry, welcome to the tractor forum.

Normally, there is a fuel screen in the top of the bowl.

Also, if there is no screen in the tank, there may be a blockage at the exit point from the tank. Blow back through the fuel line (take the fuel cap off if using compressed air so you don't rupture the tank).

Does it have a fuel pump? Normally, there is a fuel screen at the inlet to the pump. The pump may not be working.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017