Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new May 25th of last year for $400. As stated above, it is 22" cut, with the Personal Pace drive, electric start. It is a rear-wheel drive mower.

Mower is meticulously cared for- "winterized" at the end of the season last year. I just fired it up a couple weeks ago to change the oil, then installed a new spark plug and air filter, even though they both looked fine (firm believer in preventive maintenance).

The GTS (guaranteed to start on the first or second pull- although I'm not gonna pull on a rope when I can just turn a key) guarantee still has two years and two months left. I just bought a new lawn tractor, and was going to keep the Toro to pick up leaves, but I have decided to just get a lawn sweeper to tow behind the tractor.

Mower comes with owners manual, all paperwork, bagger, mulch plug, side discharge chute, 2 keys, and battery charger. Will sell for $250.

Only bad thing is I live in central Ohio, and it might be too big to ship. If you happen to be close by, you are more than welcome to come over and try it out if interested.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
seeing as how you bought a cubcadet -- you may want to hang onto that little mower -- you for when it has a hissy fit-- lol-- seriously you may want to keep it as a trim mower--

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of that BigL, but Ive almost got everything in my yard edged out to where I shouldnt even need my line trimmer, except for around the house itself, but even with a small walk behind, i'd still need the line trimmer just for that. There is ALOT of big trees in my yard, and the fall leaves are very overwhelming to say the least. It would be nice to just sit back and cruise through the yard, letting the lawn sweeper do the work.

Besides, I shouldnt need the walk behind to fall back on; the only way i'd have problems from the Cub is if I were to paint it green. outta here Just kiddin...just jerkin' yer chain.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Fusion1970
the only way i'd have problems from the Cub is if I were to paint it green. outta here Just kiddin...just jerkin' yer chain.

Greg
Geez, now I'm insulted. If you give me his address Bigl 22, I have a quart of John Deere green here with his name on it. I can be at his house in about 30 minutes to complete the job.:driving:

Just kidding Greg, our Toro P.P. is on it's fifth year. They are a nice mower. I have some places the Deere LT150 can't fit. I have the Agri-Fab sweeper and it works OK but it won't leave the yard as clean as the Toro. I still mow with the Toro when the weather is cool. It takes about two hours compared to 45 minutes with the tractor. Once it gets above 75F-80F I ride most of the time.

Mark

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL..Its all good. I came real close to getting a JD L120, and even though I didn't, I still like them. I love the Toro and have absolutely no complaints about it whatsoever. By Fall, I will have a lawn sweeper one way or the other, so Im kinda thinking about space too. My shed, although seemingly big at first has became a catch-all, and theres barely enough room to change your mind in it now.

Im just glad I can sit in the garage and look at the CC. Nothing else to do with it, as from all the white stuff falling outside, it looks like it will be awhile before it makes it outside again. I absolutely love Ohio, but only from about May to September. LOL

Greg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, not that Im aware of. They dont have a "for sale" section anyway, do they? Oh wait...there was a lady that lives close to me that was wanting to buy a reel mower for 1/2 or 3/4 acres. I knew I was getting a new tractor, and offered the mower to her. I never heard nothing back from her. The thought of mowing that much grass with a reel mower makes my back hurt just thinking about it. LOL

Anyway, I guess if Im going to get rid of it, I might as well place a local ad around my neck of the woods.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts