FS: 1998 Craftsman lawn tractor

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TecumsehBriggs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TecumsehBriggs

TecumsehBriggs Master Tractor Tinkerer

Jun 16, 2011
    Model# 917.270430, green body with black chassis. Has a Briggs 13.5 I.C. Gold engine, 38" deck. I added a 2 bin hard plastic bagger, model# 917.249330, that I purchased separately. The intermediate tube was crushed & duct taped together. I replaced it with a section of stove pipe. The grille & bagger hood have been repainted with black metallic Krylon Fusion. The steering gear & shaft support are brand new, the deck is from another mower, but exactly like the original. I removed all rust from it & repainted the underside & top with gloss black & sharpened the blades. New hitch pins throughout & added washers to tighten up the deck. I have no owners/operator's manual for this mower, but a manual for the bagger is included. Oil has been changed, wheels & front end lubed, new spark plug, new air filter. I'd like $700 for this one, local pickup only. I can deliver within a reasonable distance, but would have to charge a nominal fee for fuel.

PM me if you are interested & somewhat near Naperville, Illinois. Thanks. TB

Attached Files:

2. TecumsehBriggs

Jun 16, 2011
    Reduced!!!

REDUCED to $650. Willing to hear offers...

3. TecumsehBriggs

Jun 16, 2011
    How about $625?