Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who lets you have free websites that mostly are drag and drop? I used to have a good one at Homestead ,but they quit the freebie stuff quite a while ago. I don't know html, so i need the drag and drop.
Thanks, Durwood

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
not sure what you mean by free... i have a domain housed by meccahosting.us its only about 30$ per year to have them house the site.. and microsoft front page is a real easy package to use to allow you to whip up a web page.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
if you want popups and constant crap all over the place, then stick with the free websites.......you should have received some limited storage/web space with your ISP account (usually about 10MB) --- check it out ---- other than that pay for $25-30 year extra and do it right.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
but i like popups and constant crap all over the place!!!
:furious: :furious:
Sounds like your talking about my Tripod account. I think they keep adding more ads all the time. :dazed: I went with them because my ISP's free account did not allow ftp access like they do. They are OK for beginners and the computer challenged. Their site is seldom down. I've been at it a year now, I should take Andy's advice and do it the right way.

One thing I like about using Mozilla Firefox browser is the built in pop-up blocker.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Would anyone be interested in having FTP/webspace accounts here for personal usage? I might able to work something out with regard to space etc for you guys if enough people are interested.
Let me know.

Andy

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My site is only using around 9 megs of space so far, and I'm hosting a LOT of the pics that I post here on the server. I've got 50 megs of space, so I guess I'll have to keep building for now, and posting a crap-load more pics!:D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Would anyone be interested in having FTP/webspace accounts here for personal usage? I might able to work something out with regard to space etc for you guys if enough people are interested.
Let me know.

Andy
im all set andy, but thats a great offer to those who want a site....

sort of like your own version of photobucket or hp photo....
that would really increage the # photos as members could link to the pic instead of downloading to the thread....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts