Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I took the Franklin stove out of our cabin as we needed the room and have not used it for years. It is in great condition.
It is in Northern Michigan ( Westbranch area ). Pickup would have to be set up fro when we are up there. It is in the town of
St. Helen. No offers refused. I have a few more pictures
if wanted. I took these last month before I took it apart and put it in the shed. It has no broken or damaged parts.
Rodster

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Kind of the wrong time of the season to be selling a wood heating stove isn;t it? :D

I for one love heating with wood. Its all I have ever used for our sole source of heat for over 30 years now, and hopefully willcontinue to use wood as long as I am able to cut, split and stack it and maintain the chimney and stove. I love it when our heating bill is a few bucks for a couple of months of heat and thats mainly just to buy gas and oil for the saw and splitter, the power bill goes way down during that time, but we play hell in the summer with AC bills, but not nearly as much as some do. My friend pay a lot more than me but they do not have one shade tree, but I have a heap of nice pines and oaks and the sun don;t really he=it much of my roof. Even my self sealdown shingles have never fully sealed down after the roof was put on back in 1988...........it takes direct heat from the sun to seal em down, and my roof don;t get it..........

Who is the maker of that stove? Is it double paneled and what type liner does it have refractory brick or cast iron panels? If I lived closer I would consider it as I would like to add a wood burning stove in my barn.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I am not sure of the brand or if it is double paneled. It is all cast iron and very heavy. I had to take it apart just to move it to the shed. I really just want somebody to come and get it but it would have to be August 3rd as we are going up while they are laying the new carpet. Years ago we put in a propane furnace
and nobody used the stove anymore. We only use the place in the summer so it has not had much use. We do all our wood burning in a pit in the back yard. It was new and put in the cabin in 1969
Rodster

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I just got a phone call from a guy that lives behind our cabin.
He offered me $00.00 for the stove and I took it.
Rodster

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Rodster
Hi
I just got a phone call from a guy that lives behind our cabin.
He offered me $00.00 for the stove and I took it.
Rodster
Hell if you wanted to give it away i would have paid the shipping for it.:D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
rod now the offers come pouring in......

Im looking for a wood stove for my garage too!!!

j/k glad you got rid of it..
sj

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys
I said NO offers refused but I would not be able to ship it. Besides the expense ( it has to weigh over 200 pounds) Packaging and delivering to a shipper would not be worth it.
Rodster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts