Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this 637 Yeoman nearby, (about an hour away). I like the B&S vertical engines. Sorry about the sideways pics, that's the way the seller posted them and I couldn't fix them.

That crazy exhaust system will come off!

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Looks like a fun project. Is that the original Briggs exhaust / muffler sitting on the seat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a fun project. Is that the original Briggs exhaust / muffler sitting on the seat?
No, that's the air filter. I don't know the condition of the engine, but it might not be a terribly difficult restoration. The deck even looks good, best I can tell.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
No, that's the air filter. I don't know the condition of the engine, but it might not be a terribly difficult restoration. The deck even looks good, best I can tell.
The Briggs muffler is screwed to the top of that stack Bill, your probably right about the engine Tom, looking at the rust colour in the carby inlet throat, but you never know until you play, your new found looks solid.

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
I should have noticed, my tiller has a muffler like the one on the top of the stack. As for the air cleaner, my lawn mower, with the Briggs and Stratton engine, has a muffler that looks just like the one on the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I should have noticed, my tiller has a muffler like the one on the top of the stack. As for the air cleaner, my lawn mower, with the Briggs and Stratton engine, has a muffler that looks just like the one on the seat.
you are quite right Bill, a lot of Briggs came out with that flat long muffler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts