Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good eveing all , I have a supermajor im currently stripping the engine down for a rebuild , the engine block is red oxide primer with grey on the top , the oil filter housing matches this also but everything elce bolted onto the block is blue / red oxide ? Never seen a super major engine painted grey also the engine number starts with an S and I've had several people who claim to be in the know say it docent match anything in their books on engine numbers , please any information would be so helpful

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firstly thank you for awnsering my query i did see the list , very knew to this so sorry if this is a silly question in terms of matching my engine number to identify it , how many engine numbers should match , ie do some refer to engine type and the others date ect ?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I can not tell what the numbers are, take a wire wheel brush or a block with sandpaper and get rid of the rust.
What fuel is it?
How many cylinders?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 4 cylinder deisel , I give it a clean up and post a picture Tommorow eveing its more for curiosity if anything be nice to learn somthing new

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So doing some more research the s apparently means exchange engine , apparently the top cover of my major is a newperformace and the gear box date is 8 th July 1963 ? But all my tin work is super major with the metal badge and all orange ? Could I have a new performance major with the wrong tin work on it any help appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts