Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
I love the Ford Crew Cab interior but I was very suspect at buying truck with a new first year engine.

Article

:skull: Hey Chief, I dont know what kind of Voo-Doo magic hex you put in your article hot-link but when I click it on it knocks me right into a disconnected world. I thought it was a fluke so when I re-connected I tried it again and WHammo instant disconnect again.

I read your other hot-link article about 6-cylinder diesels with no problem. :skull:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: Re: Ford Troubles with New 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel Engine

Originally posted by johnbron
:skull: Hey Chief, I dont know what kind of Voo-Doo magic hex you put in your article hot-link but when I click it on it knocks me right into a disconnected world. I thought it was a fluke so when I re-connected I tried it again and WHammo instant disconnect again.

I read your other hot-link article about 6-cylinder diesels with no problem. :skull:
johnbron it works for me with no problem and im on dial-up right now.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I double checked since I am having such a great run of luck with posting links lately :clown: and I checked it again after reading your post and it worked for me too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks like Ford is doing the right thing for the people who are having the problems.

I drive a '99 power stroke and love it. I test drove the new one and it's a lot nicer. It's 90% quieter in the cab, plenty of power, shifts nice.

It's not all of them going bad, but enough that Ford is getting on top of it. They should be really sharp in their 3rd and 4th year.

-Deere

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I came REAL close to buying a Ford F-350 Crew Cab. With a family of 5 I sorely needed the 4 full doors and full back seat. I wish Dodge would build one. I test drove an 02 F-350 and just did not like the 7.3 liter Power Stroke. It just didn't feel to me like it had the bottom end torque of the Cummins. My wife's 1995 Taurus did not help either. We are very disappointed with this car and needless to say it will be the last Ford we own. I owned a K2500 Suburban before the Dodge and it was junk. Had to replace the engine at 32,000 miles under warranty lucky for me. It never could tow much with out over heating or the trans. over heating. Last GM I will ever own too. Hopefully Ford will get this problem worked out. They have a great truck body but the power train ain't what it needs to be. What really surprises me is that Ford already offers the Caterpillar 3126B in the (I believe the F-600 Series and up) I might be wrong on that. That is a great engine and the perfect size and power range for the Super Duty pickups. Ford could trounce Dodge if they offered the 3126B in the Super Duty. Go figure!

·
Registered
99 Posts
'99 versus '00 power stroke

We have a '99 and a '00 ford Super Duty350 with 7.3 power strokes and the '99 would definetly out pull the '00. But it doesn't really matter anymore, the 7.3 isn't offered in the 350 anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts