Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get a good one you love them. If you get a lemon you hate them. I do not think any of the big three are any better or worse when it comes to repairs under warrenty. Each brand has it's pluses and minuses. Sometimes you cut your losses and move on.Sometimes you get a honey and drive it for 18 years and 300,000 miles. I dread the day when I have to replace my driver, because I have had such good luck with my Chevy, 1988 Silverado, 1500 4x4, 350, 5 speed. It keeps going and going and going and going...................

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
I've got a Dodge Dakota with close to 240,000 miles on it. I started out hating it for the first 30,000 miles (LOTS of warrantee issues, but the dealer fixed them all), but things settled down and now we are friends. It starts every time I need it, hauls most of what I need, but I sure could use an 8 ft bed, and it's long paid for. :D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I am the same here, I had a early 1990's Chevrolet 3/4 pickup and it was a large pile of s%&^. After the 4th transmission and warranty coming to a end I decided that I had to get rid of the truck and its expensive habit of eating transmissions.

So down to the Auction I took the truck and I got a 1996 Dodge V10 with the Automatic transmission at the same auction with 24,000 and the balance of the warranty. I knew about the issues of the Ram transmission and I put Two temperature senders on it and and 2 gauges to read inside the cab and I also added a 2 nd transmission cooler. Never had a problem but the thing loves to swill the gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts