Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8240 SLE 1992 that shows an E18 code. Checked all the wiring with no shorts from the transmission plug to the computer. C1/C2 solenoid at 7 ohms. Power 12 volts at the 58 pin on the ETC plug. All checks in the new holland manual point to a bad ETC. At the same time the E18 code appeared, the three point arms stopped working with code 29. Transmission goes through the gears, but the indicator only shows 2 or 6. Need to force into gear. Anything else to check before taking the hit buying an ETC? Any help is appreciated.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Audio equipment Gas Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Good Morning Mike, welcome to the forum.

Internet sources say that fault code E18 is C1/C2 solenoid open or short. You say that you checked all the wiring with no shorts from the transmission plug to the computer. Did you check wires for damage, corrosion, or rodent chewing (open circuit between the transmission plug and computer)?

You measured the C1/C2 solenoid coil at 7 ohms. Does your manual give you an acceptable range for this measurement? To me, that's a bit high for a coil. I would go to my NH dealer and measure a new one for comparison.

I'm sure that you have tried re-calibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts