Ford 601 Workmaster wiring

Discussion in 'Ford / New Holland' started by mikethesuperjew, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mikethesuperjew

mikethesuperjew New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    I recently bought a Ford 601 that needed a little work, but supposedly ran well. After cleaning the most rusted fuel tank I've seen and god knows how much aggravation with grounded armatures in a couple starters, I hit another wall. Whoever decided to do away with the original ignition switch for a push button and toggle switch also decided to re-paint the tractor red. Wires, hoses, and all. The tractor was converted to 12V and has a two-wire alternator (not sure if that matters, but I saw some guys bickering over it in another forum). If anyone could give me some idea of how to hook up a two terminal toggle switch or where to find a decent wiring diagram, I would appreciate it. This wouldn't be that big of an issue, if not for the fact that every wire and terminal is red.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    Mike I hope you got a good deal on that! Welcome to the forum!

3. mikethesuperjew

mikethesuperjew New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome, Tractor beam. I got a pretty good deal on it, surprisingly.

4. jimmie

jimmie New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    just bought a 601 not sure what year how can i determine what year it is, and also i want to convert to 12 volt, it needs an alternator/ generator now so i figure now is the time to make the change.

5. badbam

badbam New Member

May 24, 2014
    6-12v

Hope his helps.

Attached Files:

6. badbam

badbam New Member

May 24, 2014
    6-12v

Hope his helps.

Attached Files:

7. badbam

badbam New Member

May 24, 2014
    Do you have serial no.?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  8. badbam

badbam New Member

May 24, 2014
    if your serial no. start with 1001 its 1957, 10,000 its 1960, 12,000 its 1961